Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Why is it always supposed to be a 'handcuffs' gesture? A gesture, incidentally, that is supposedly about the imprisonment/release of someone who, as far as I can tell, bears no greater relation to Kalou than also being from the Cote d'Ivoire. If Stevie Gerrard or someone did that gesture, would they immediately link it to being a protest against the imprisonment of X baby killer who also happens to be English? I think fucking not.

Why is it always supposed to be a 'handcuffs' gesture? A gesture, incidentally, that is supposedly about the imprisonment/release of someone who, as far as I can tell, bears no greater relation to Kalou than also being from the Cote d'Ivoire. If Stevie Gerrard or someone did that gesture, would they immediately link it to being a protest against the imprisonment of X baby killer who also happens to be English? I think fucking not.

Now that I see he's possibly getting in trouble for it, that wrestling/CM Punk tribute reasoning is the perfect escape route for him. But of course, that's what he was doing in the first place anyway. :P

Exactly, it's the perfect reason. "I've been paying homage to John Cena and now I've added another wrestler's gesture in addition to it. What's the big deal?"

Now I'm picturing him doing some other wrestling taunts and it's friggin hilarious. Just string them all together in one non-stop celebration. He'll totally have a sock down his shorts next week.

Well that'll tighten things up at the bottom a bit more again. Stoke may have too much fight to go down, they have a habit of getting a result when they really need it.

Good to see Jenas back on the bench tonight though apparantly Bolton have scored more Premiership points against us than any other team! We last won at theirs in about '96! Ugh it's always a miserable match. COYS