Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

While I'd inclined to disagree about "signing a new contract" meaning anything. Because it doesn't in football, it just probably puts Young's pricetag up a bit as if it's close to expiring you don't get nearly as much money.

However when O'Neill says someone isn't for sale. They won't be sold <_<. Seems like a Fergie kind of bloke in that "if we don't want to sell him, we won't sell him." So I imagine Young will be staying, I could see Young staying at Villa anyways. Seems like the smart choice for him at the time.

I wish SOMETHING would happen in the Tottenham/Fulham game. Been way too boring so far.

Tell me about it

Doesn't help our central midfield consists of Zokora (a defensive midfielder) and Jenas (mediocrity defined). Can't create a chance at all. Relying too much on Modric and Lennon.

Huge win for the English, European and World Champions, Manchester United, there. >_>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_UEFA_Super_Cup

(Y)

And Spurs would do better if they could get on the end of a pass once in a while.

It's impossible to get on the end of a Jenas pass though >_>

Well yeah, there is that.

Forgot the games were even on today, thank fuck for that United result. Cant wait to see Arsenal/Villa, which is possibly the most important game of the day, I'm hoping both sides just go for it and we see a cracking game.

Wow at City being 4-0 up already as well. MOTD has now become a must watch :)

Forgot the games were even on today, thank fuck for that United result. Cant wait to see Arsenal/Villa, which is possibly the most important game of the day, I'm hoping both sides just go for it and we see a cracking game.

I'd be very pissed off I was a City fan. They either lose or win about 12-0.

Apparently the Sunderland vs. Blackburn match is awful. I'm not surprised, they usually are pretty shit dating back at least 7-8 years from what I remember when I went to a couple. There was a 0-0 draw in an opening of the season match at Ewood and there was a 1-0 win for Sunderland ages ago when Quinn scored the winner. Years and years later and the matches are still, well... shit with us. Can imagine Blackburn nicking a 1-0 win or so though, especially because I'll be seeing my Blackburn supporting mate later tonight and it would be just peaches for him. Especially after the last time we played and he was inundated with texts of CISSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I'd be very pissed off I was a City fan. They either lose or win about 12-0.

No, I'd be happy now if my team was 4-0 up. Way too much pressure on City in the first season they're expected to deliver, people need to realise things don't just change over night and they should look to making a big impact over the future. This season is about bringing in the right players and making them gel together properly. You can buy all the big names you want, if they don't gel and there's no proper chemistry, it wont work. City have been judged way too early as has Hughes. I'm still not fully sure he's the right man for this certain job, but he's got to be given a proper chance and be given this entire season.