Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Well, Steve Wilson is a self-righteous prick then.

He was like "Oh it looked like an own goal, it's such a big deflection it's got to be an own goal, oh it must be an own goal from Zayatte, for my money, that's an own goal, yes Richardson's shot heavily deflected there, own goal, own goal"

He must be thinking "If I say own goal enough then they'll have to make it one" <_< Does he have a bet on, or something?

Now the Villa goal, I can understand that being an own goal, cause that was a cross that wouldn't have even gone out of play past the goal, nevermind been on target.

God bless Jimmy Bullard :lol:

I should be rooting Middlesbrough here, but I have a soft spot for Fulham at the minute due to my Manager Mode on FIFA 09. That combined with the boro fans piss poor display on Soccer AM this morning isn't doing them any favours. <_<

Especially their "We're above Newcastle and Sunderland wahey!" ...as if either of those two teams even acknowledge boro. It's like the third wheel of the North East.

Hang on - the commentator isn't even going to make mention that the McMahon handball was completely unadvoidable? He's acting like it was a stonewall penalty. I mean, I hate 'Boro more than the average person hates 'Boro and even I'll say that was a harsh decision.

But.. that's what you get for being 'Boro.

There's something simultaneously bizarre, hilarious, yet undeniably awesome about West Brom opting to have Carl Orff's O Fortuna playing in the stadium before the match starts.

I shall be having this match on in the background while I tidy the sitting room. My only vested interest is in the realm of Fantasy Football, in that if City are going to score, have Vassell do it please, kthxbye.

Edited by stokeriño

The Newcastle fan: N'Zogbia is proving how much he wants to play for us.

The Newcastle cynic: He's trying to win a move away

Such are the times that it's apparently difficult to believe footballers can play well without an alterior motive. Well, Newcastle players at least. :shifty:

Edit: Oh City, lol is you.

Edited by stokeriño

As much as it'd have been nice to see West Brom cut adrift right now, I guess keeping City in the relegation battle isn't too much to worry about.

Spurs and Newcastle can stay a draw as long as they like, that'll do fine.

My main worry is that we need to get as many points now. Because you still have to assume City, Newcastle, Spurs and Blackburn will all move back up the table at some point, and if 4 teams start making headway then obviously that's bad news for us. So the longer the teams all struggle and just keep beating each other up as we get through the season is probably better for us in the long run. So while I fully expect Spurs and the like to move back up the table in a bit - if we all just keep beating each other and no one can really get a proper run on the go then a team like Sunderland obviously will be hoping to avoid the drop due to the massive amounts of teams fighting each other. Just comes down to how tight the league is this year I guess.