Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

He's one of the most corrupt men in football and I just generally loathe the man.

Meh, if people let him get away with it....I dunno. It is not as if they didn't investigate all the shit he got up to.

And as for him being over-rated....he worked wonders with Bolton.....Bolton. He turned them into the kinda side who could beat teams from the Big 4 on their day, and qualifying for the UEFA Cup. This, all on a shoe-string budget. His Newcastle days sucked, but he seems like what Redknapp is, where he needs to be left to his own devices, rather than the way the set-up was at Newcastle.

He probably needs a good run with another club to cement himself as generally considered a 'great' manager, but he's halfway there with the work he did at Bolton.

EDIT: Hell, back in 2005/05 season, he got Bolton level on points with Liverpool, and only 3 points off of Everton, and a CL spot. Not to mention getting Bolton promoted in the first place, and good cup runs, with a Carling Cup final on his CV.

Edited by rvdwannabe

On the Sunderland managerial front I was reading yesterday (in the Times, so I guess we can call it pretty respectable source) that Slaven Bilic has been installed as favourite for the job. However, after getting my hopes up, I then went on to read that this was bemusing Sunderland because they were still firmly of the idea of a manager like Curbishley etc.

Which just baffles me. <_< I'd love Bilic, we need a manager like him so people will keep liking us like Keane managed to. Everyone hated us till Keaneo came and then suddenly everyone seemed to like us - especially Man Utd/Celtic/Irish fans. People like Bilic so it might mean something good for us, plus he's a pretty respectable manager.

Oh and Malbranque's just scored a 25 yarder against Hull. Le Tissier said it was good, so... it must be good if Le Tiss says so. Will need to watch MotD tonight for that then.

And it's been all Stoke but Blackburn have the lead.

Big Sam truly is in charge isn't he. At the end of the day though, Results > Performances. And if you get 3 points, you don't care how you get them.

Steed's goal on the 10th minute keeps up the current trend. Hull have conceded the most goals in the Premiership in the first 10 minutes, whereas we're yet to concede in the first 15 this season. And Hull aren't that great at home anyways, plus obviously they can't have Paul McShane play in this match - which must be doing all sorts of damage to them.

How fucked is the PL this season? As it stands only 8 teams have positive goal differences, 2 of them by just 1 goal (and Wigan should be playing Scum today), and one of those teams is (as it stands) in the bottom 3. :wacko:

Edited by Footjob Fever