Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

The Napoli chairman has had words about some of his players reportedly agitating for moves to England:

If they want to go to England then in the end they're going to go, but they need to understand this: the English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their genitalia. To them, a bidet is a mystery.

The Napoli chairman has had words about some of his players reportedly agitating for moves to England:

If they want to go to England then in the end they're going to go, but they need to understand this: the English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their genitalia. To them, a bidet is a mystery.

Bwahaha, that's genius.

I wish Blackburn good luck with Allerdyce, he'll stop them getting relegated (possibly in a last year Fulham way >_>) at the expense of playing some players out of position. Considering Paul Ince was playing the wrong players, in the wrong positions with the wrong tactics you're better already.

Naturally, I'm not a Blackburn fan, but I can't see how you wouldn't be happy with Allardyce as your manager. When left to his own devices, he has shown that he can perform miracles. Bolton were always hard to beat, and as long as he makes Blackburn the same, he'll keep them up.

Keane in?

Leeds Fan? Same as myself. I would take Keane definatly with open arms. I am Irish and we had Staunton as our coach and when he was sacked I was so happy. Then he goes to Leeds, and I was pissed off. lol. Macca has gone downhill, we want Keane ;)

We won't get Keane. Keane in was a reference to Blackburn. Keane's not really what we need and we have 0% chance of him coming.

I fully expect a "lol, Sunderland should have got Allardyce when they had the chance" from some moron should Blackburn win their first game with him. Despite the fact we play different styles of football anyways, a couple of years ago Allardyce would have fit in better but we've suddenly decided that now we're going to play a more attractive style. Well.. Andy Reid, Steed Malbranque and Djibril Cisse decided. They probably didn't tell anyone else.

I think Allardyce is a decent fit for Blackburn, it's not like he's going to stop the playing sexy one touch football or anything. Plus it means Tugay's time will be limited, because as said the midfield won't really be needed much, so he can save all his awesome for a few select moments and then be.. awesome.

I was listening to someones conversation earlier, I didn't let on I was a Mackem but he was telling someone that "someone who knows" claims Alan Pardew is apparently next in line to be our boss (so much so the guy in the know has put £40 on at 25/1). Which would be just fantastic, I loved him at Reading... and then absolutely despised his guts at West Ham. He's going to come to Sunderland, he's soon gonna run out of complaints and moans everytime we lose a match.

Our managerial race isn't looking particularly enthralling right now. Give it to Ricky Sbragia because he looks like a cartoon character. Yes, that is my basis for wanting him as manager.

Exactly. So you can't expect him to do much. But by playing Big Sam's type of play - he'll see the ball less frequently and therefore be able to put all his awesome into the few things he needs to do when he does finally get the ball. Instead of trying to spread his awesome across 90 minutes of bad football <_<

Edited by IAceI

Sensible appointment by Blackburn perhaps the one they should have initially made in the Summer. Will be interested to see what he does with the team cannot do worse than Ince really and never stood a chance at the Circus.

Betfred will give me 14/1 on Bernd Schuster being our next manager..

Sbragia's rocketed to the top as favourite, which is good to see as - and I don't want to seem up on my high horse - but the names thrown around to be the next manager I wouldn't be massively enthralled about. I'm not expecting Mourinho to uproot Inter and come to us or anything, but the names I've read just aren't getting me excited really. I'd like to see Sbragia get it as he's got a good head on his shoulders (and a funny looking one at that) and he knows the system and everything. So.. Sbragia <_<