Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Odd! Both Rafa and Big Phil have had kidney stones in the last 24 hours. Ellis blames SAF.

It's the only logical conclusion. :angry: Arsene is next!

Actually, no. That would imply that Fergie viewed Arsenal as a threat, O'Neil is next.

Edited by We Three Kings of Ellis

Hardly surprising, amongst all the back slapping about the first black English manager in the Premier League it was obvious this would all end in tears. He'd done nothing in management to suggest he was ready to take on a challenge like that, and was only really given the job because of who he has previously played under.

Having to sell Bentley, Friedel and the continuing uncertainty about Santa Cruz made the job practically impossible.

As much as I'd like to see Blackburn get a solid manager that will keep them up, I can't help but wonder how many of them could do that on a limited budget.

Unless Cruz goes I don't see how they're going to get a surge in money, they've lost all of their other big players earlier this season and are left with mediocre cheap versions of them. They're going to have to make do with what they've got or take a HUGE risk on bringing in another few players that might not do half of what Santa is doing

Curbishley might do the job, but going from one club who's board is getting rid of their players and limiting his budget to another seems stupid. For some reason I see Ian Dowie getting the job, I have exactly no idea why but it seems like someone who they'll end up appointing.

EDIT: Dowie not Holloway >_< unless they're using the same approaches

Edited by The General

Ince was never at Premiership level, but you can't blame all of Blackburn's poor form on Ince. He's not the one who's on the pitch playing the game, it's the 11 players that he's picked who are. Blackburn do have a good team, but who the manager is at the end of the day should not be effect the players, they should be able to pull a game back and inspire each other to perform well. Some of it may be Ince's fault and some it is the players fault. I know most of you won't agree with me on this. Ince was never ready for the Premiership and why Blackburn gave him that chance is silly, they should blame themselves for even picking him and not getting someone better for the job before the season started.

Graeme Souness sounds good he made a lot of changes at Blackburn which did help us win a League Cup and a return to the Premiership.

Anyway I need to shut up as both of my teams don't have a manager at the moment. <_<

Edited by Sexy Lexy

• Admin

I wanted to give Ince a chance, but when I started seeing teamsheets that included Warnock in Central Midfield, Derbyshire on the Right Wing and Pedersen in the team at all (not to mention Villanueva being ignored and the Fowler signing), I got the feeling maybe he wasn't the man for the job.

Though some of the players need a kick up the backside too. There's enough quality at the club that we shouldn't have to be in this position.

I think Keane is sitting at home confidently waiting for Fergie to retire and walk in with his job application. I'm not sure he'd touch anywhere without a little pot of gold for him to turn into dust.

EDIT: speaking of United, they've just abandoned their appeal over Evra, which I thought was LOL. They demanded a transcript of the racial abuse yet even the FA themselves couldn't find out what was being said... because there was no transcript. how can you make evidence magically appear out of nowhere which will undermine the FA if it is found.

Edited by The General

I think Keane is sitting at home confidently waiting for Fergie to retire and walk in with his job application. I'm not sure he'd touch anywhere without a little pot of gold for him to turn into dust.

For my money, this will be the next Man Utd manager with SAF's full backing:

jose.jpeg

As for Blackburn, we are supposed to have our new manager ready for the weekend so that tells me the board have their eye on someone out of work. Souness or Big Sam it seems.