Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I saw the last 2 mins. Joe Hart running the whole pitch and saving the long shot from Rooney was one of the best things I've seen a keeper do for a long time.

It's slightly disturbing watching Jamie Redknapp sitting with his legs wide open, wearing a pair of trousers that are far too tight and talking about a horn.

Thank god I'm not the only person who noticed that. The guy always sits with his legs like that.

I like that, despite their views being more or less in agreement on the matter, Redknapp and Gullit still manage to spend 10 minutes arguing about Ronaldo.

No complaints from me really, it was a silly thing to do (handling the ball like that) and it has to be a yellow. There's no point arguing that he should've still been on due to the first offence being debateable. He knew that he'd already been booked and the risks he'd be taking by handling it. He can't go claiming he heard a whistle either, if that excuse flies than there'd be players using it every week.

I really like Ronaldo, and he's an awesome player, but he's just downright infuriating sometimes.