Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I like how United were complaining about their first goal not counting, when the whistle had blatantly gone about half an hour before the ball went into the net.

As for the second goal, why the fuck was Terry not marking Vidic properly? You don't take your fucking eyes off someone as dangerous as Vidic.

Terry sucks. Simple as.

Well yeah, apart from that though. :shifty:

It's funny because Giggs has been by far the best player on the pitch. I'm one of the people who just don't know if he's got it anymore, but he's been great so far today, just a shame the majority of the team have been shit though. It's been an alright game, not boring like some of them have been, but certainly not enough chances. The plus side is that Chelsea now have to go for it, so should be a good game from here on.

Oh and there's been about ten penalty claims, just crazy.

Why is it when any team performs well nowadays the arguement is 'OMGZ THEIR OPPONENTS WERE SHIT'. No doubt Chelsea weren't great today, but they played as good (if not better) than United in the first half. United simply outplayed them in the second half from start to finish and killed them off. Great second half and the Barbatov worked corner was a fantastic set piece.

I cant say Chelsea are out of the title race, because they really aren't. Although I do think this has totally fucked them and think they'll struggle to catch up now. Worrying about Wigan and the other game in hand, pressure on because they're must win games. Either way, closer to getting Liverpool off the top, hopefully it's only a matter of time.

Oh and about Tevez, surprised they didn't give him at least thirty minutes. After the second goal I thought he'd surely make an appearance. That all said, I don't care for the speculation that he's not wanted and is leaving, because I still think he'll stay.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

That might be Chelsea done now.

Just said on MSN that if Chelsea keep displaying performances like they have done recently it could be them that don't qualify for the CL - and if they do, it could be the straw that breaks the camel back in terms of Abramovich leaving Chelsea which would be disasterous for them.

I don't feel they've performed that badly. For what's expected, of course they're lower than what they would want, but it's not like some sort of crisis. It's the same with how Arsenal always get this shit, so they're not producing amazing performances week in week out, they're still not playing terribly. United look almost set to go back to the top of the table if they win both games in hand and to be quite honest, they've been nowhere near amazing this season, it doesn't mean there's a crisis there.

Honestly cant ever see Chelsea not qualifying for the CL this year. Of course I'd love to see them not, but it just wont happen.

Quick note on the Tevez situation £31 million for a squad player would be stupid. I don't think he'll be a United player next season and would rather see Fergie stick with Berba and Rooney up top. Possibly get Manucho and Welbeck into the team as well next season. Tevez just hasn't set Old Trafford alight and although he's a favourite amongst the crowd that's not good enough to stump up so much money.