Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Ugh... Arsenal score another late goal. Not sure why I don't like Arsenal this season, but I don't :shifty:

:angry:

Well I dont like you either then.

Only joking... ^_^

:crying:

^_^

I think it's just cos I want Villa to qualify for the CL and am becoming annoyed at Wenger's refusal to do what's right (in terms of transfers) just because the media are suggesting it.

Has Fergie responded to Rafa yet, or has he gone into hiding with his tail between his legs?

What do you consider to be right? Spending money? And maybe Arsenal will win the CL and keep Villa out of it that way....

Ugh... Arsenal score another late goal. Not sure why I don't like Arsenal this season, but I don't :shifty:

:angry:

Well I dont like you either then.

Only joking... ^_^

:crying:

^_^

I think it's just cos I want Villa to qualify for the CL and am becoming annoyed at Wenger's refusal to do what's right (in terms of transfers) just because the media are suggesting it.

Has Fergie responded to Rafa yet, or has he gone into hiding with his tail between his legs?

What do you consider to be right? Spending money? And maybe Arsenal will win the CL and keep Villa out of it that way....

Buying an established centre half and/or defensive midfielder so they don't leak goals against lesser opposition and have more structure to their side. I don't think anyone's suggesting Wenger should go out and spend £100m, or anything close to that - but not qualifying for the CL is a bigger financial risk to Arsenal than spending 20 million on two good players.

I think he should have just given Flamini the extra 5k a week at the end of last season so he would have stayed. I mean, 60k a week for a player who was playing like he was last week is nothing when you think what his equivalents at Liverpool/United/Chelsea are getting.

I think 1 or 2 defenders are a must. I think a midfielder to partner Fabregas, and a midfielder to replace Fabregas for the rest of this season are drastically needed. And he needs to do something about our strikers. If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times: Adebayor is a lazy bastard who only puts in any effort when we're winning.

We're third. It's United who'd be out. :)

Even better (Y)

Edited by TheArsenal

Still top of the table, no matter what happens tomorrow. Missed Xabi Alonso, Lucas had a shit game. Gerrard had two good chances. Wasn't a good game really.

We're third. It's United who'd be out. :)

Yeah, but we've played three matches less than Villa. :P

And tommorow's Chelsea match is gonna be huge. If we win (and beat both, uh, Wigan and Fulham?), we're at the top of the table. Of course, I have to acknowledge the fact that anything can happen so it's not as simple as that, but things ain't lookin' as bad anymore as they did a few months back. :)

lol, Liverpool.

Why would he respond? He already got the response he wanted from Rafa.

Because Ferguson will rise to the bait, probably after the game tomorrow.

The best thing about Middlesborough's clearance off the line was David Healey appealing for a goal afterwards. He was all "maybe if I jump high enough he'll award the goal..." and launched himself into the air as if he'd scored.

Also, some of these Goal of the Month contenders are fucking tame. And point and laugh at Gary Megson for walking to the wrong dugout.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Rafa is clearly cracking under the pressure already :shifty:

Although on a serious note, tomorrow is maybe the most important game of the season. Chelsea almost have to win in my book. All I hope for is that it's not a boring 0-0 or 1-1 draw and both teams actually just go for it. I'm hoping for a 2-1 win and to get things back in order, Liverpool have been on top too long for my liking.

Talking of Liverpool, average game they had today. I was so glad to find out the weather was shit as were most of the pitches and Stoke battled for that draw. Their defence is appauling, which sums up Liverpool in terms of finishing for today. Still cant believe Delap missed from such close range either.

When do the postponed games get played now? Tomorrow?

In about 3 months usually. Even when both teams have midweeks off they don't seem to play the catchup games it's stupid.

Also, any team in the top 2 divisions (at least) that can't fulfil fixtures because of things like a frozen pitch (without exceptional circumstances) should forfeit the game. It's a joke that these clubs earn millions but can't run pay a few hundred grand to have undersoil heating.

It won't be tomorrow. You have all the administration crap to arrange, and all the fans need time to rearrange their schedules etc. It'll be in a few weeks, usually either mid-week, or sometimes if neither team is involved in a cup competition it'll be during a cup weekend (actually, do they even do that in the premiership?).

It won't be tomorrow. You have all the administration crap to arrange, and all the fans need time to rearrange their schedules etc. It'll be in a few weeks, usually either mid-week, or sometimes if neither team is involved in a cup competition it'll be during a cup weekend (actually, do they even do that in the premiership?).

Yeah they do but only from QFs onwards usually.

When do the postponed games get played now? Tomorrow?

In about 3 months usually. Even when both teams have midweeks off they don't seem to play the catchup games it's stupid.

Also, any team in the top 2 divisions (at least) that can't fulfil fixtures because of things like a frozen pitch (without exceptional circumstances) should forfeit the game. It's a joke that these clubs earn millions but can't run pay a few hundred grand to have undersoil heating.

I agree about forfeiting the games, although if a ground hasn't got undersoil heating in the Premiership it shouldn't be able to meet the criteria of being Premiership standard. I think its 400,000 to install undersoil heating which would be 2 months wages for an average Premiership player