Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Well this has been dull so far for the most part. But Given and N'Zogbia are the only ones really doing much for Newcastle at the minute - those links with Arsenal must look mighty appealing to them right now.

How the hell Steven Taylor's got himself in the mixer for it too I don't know. I'm wondering if his inclusion is there so when he's on the field it makes Gallas look like one of the world's best defenders again.

There's been the odd few chances but there's not like.. a flowing match on the go really. It seems really broken. Surely Given saving with his face/neck/chest was good, and he's pulled out some awesome stops (and got away with Gerrard's refusal to use his left foot earlier, which just looks worse each time it's replayed when he tried to shoot with his right foot.)

But like... if you want Liverpool to win it's probably quite good but it's turning into shooting practice at the minute. I'm not Newcastle or Liverpool's biggest fan so maybe I'm just an eternal pessimist for this match but, I wouldn't recommend my friends to watch the match.

I kinda wish Given would leave Newcastle though. I honestly think it could ruin them <_<

I have to say, I know my dislike for Newcastle will be pretty obvious. But even I'm feeling embarassed for them. They just look totally toothless out there. N'Zogbia looks okay in the outfield, Given's doing everything he can, the defence just look like confused and unsure on what to do and the team as a whole seem totally incapable of keeping the football for more than 5 seconds. And Liverpool are hardly pressing up onto them everytime they get the ball, they're far from swarming the Newcastle players but they just constantly give them the ball and let Liverpool attack.

It is pretty disheartening to watch.

Don't score against Liverpool this season. It only angers them, unless your Spurs :shifty:

There are only 3 Newcastle players. Given, Duff and Owen. The rest are just filler. Edgar just got lucky. He's a Canadian, he doesn't really know what he is doing. :shifty:

Don't score against Liverpool this season. It only angers them, unless your Spurs :shifty:

There are only 3 Newcastle players. Given, Duff and Owen. The rest are just filler. Edgar just got lucky. He's a Canadian, he doesn't really know what he is doing. :shifty:

N'Zogbia has been alright in patches.

He's trying to talk to Xavi Velero! Remember what happened last time Sammy Lee had to manage on his own? :shifty:

I'm convinced Masca and Sami are out to get Owen! DOUBLE TEAM~!

Edited by HoboObohHbob

Liverpools third was just an awful goal to concede. Everything seemed to just stop for a couple of seconds, I thought a free kick had been given or something judging by the way Newcastle players were acting, then I realised they're just shit.