Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

:lol: @ Hull's half time antics. I'm suprised Phil Brown wasn't busy reporting a rape. :shifty:

Ireland kicked their asses, good for my Fantasy Team.

Edited by We Three Kings of Ellis

Villa/Arsenal was amazing. Yet another fantastic game that's so exciting to watch from a neutral point. Cant believe Villa weren't 2 or 3 up by the time Arsenal scored. Arsenal just somehow manage to pull themselves back after going through so much shit. Villa were the better team, but credit to Arsenal for somehow hanging in there and getting a point, which I'd be happy with if I was them. Keeps things how they were and I love that it's Villa who are really pushing the top four this season. O'Neill is great, enough said about him.

Oh and Wilkinson deserved a red just for being a dumb cunt. Why would you make a challenge like that on a guy like Ronaldo of all people when you're on a yellow card? Just laughable. Ronaldo and Rooney need to both sort themselves out, because both could of had a red card today. I love Rooney, but that headlock and stuff was way over the top and although I'm glad he didn't get a red card, I must say he's lucky to get away with it. United just seemed so frustrated today and it showed in Rooney and Ronaldo the most. Of course battling wins are what win you titles, but I'm still a little worried at times because United haven't hit the proper form they actually can, although I'm confident :)

And what the fuck at Wigan's penalty, just another decision I'm not sure about. I mean it's a foul without a doubt and I understand the referee played the advantage rather than give the early freekick, which is great, but it just felt like Heskey stumbled about fifteen yards after the first moments of the original foul and then just fell over when he got into the box. Free kick no doubt, never a penalty if you ask me, the foul lasted for about thirty fucking yards and he just suddenly gives it once he decides to go down when he gets into the box, very cheap.

I'm perfectly happy with that, he's coming from within so he doesn't have to do a lot of changing or anything. Bringing a new manager in right in the middle of the season is risky because there's a lot of things they want to put their mark on and it can go either really well or really badly. At the end of the season I could imagine us have getting a new manager, but I'm perfectly happy with Ricky Sbragia and his funny looking face.

He complained that Villa's assman went and spoke to the referee.

I'm sure there was nothing to it, but just as a measure I kinda think there should be something banning them from going to see the referee at half time. I'm sure Roberts wasn't trying to change decisions or anything, but it's probably best if there's just no contact whatsoever.

He complained that Villa's assman went and spoke to the referee.

I'm sure there was nothing to it, but just as a measure I kinda think there should be something banning them from going to see the referee at half time. I'm sure Roberts wasn't trying to change decisions or anything, but it's probably best if there's just no contact whatsoever.

I now have an urge to put an Aston Villa shirt on Billy Gunn.

Edited by TheRossWalker

Get ready for the idiot conference on Sky.

Keane not starting so he's been dropped, right? This is all part of Rafa's master plan to completely ruin Keane.

OR

He played 90 minutes less than 48 hours ago, and at the end of the game had cramp and was rubbing his calfs for the last 10 minutes?

Pretty much, they started off by saying "Can someone please explain why Robbie Keane isn't starting after he's started scoring?"

"Because his manager is Rafa Benitez," cue Martin Tyler's monkey and Top Top Pundit guffawing about the team selection.

After about five minutes of the same bullshit, Gray said without a hint of irony: "We won't talk about this team selection unless they lose."

In slightly better news - Soccer Saturday/Special/Whatever fans rejoice. Paul Merson is not appearing! Coupled with the fact Phil Thompson isn't usually allowed the Liverpool matches and we might not have a total shitfest today.

Oh and it would appear Gray's logic for Keane not starting is that they're away from home and "that's what Benitez does". Must just be making up injuries to cover up now then rocksy <_<

Edited by IAceI

More mongery with Michael Owen and his contract. "Newcastle saved Michael in his time of need, he owes them." Yes, they took him off the streets out of the goodness of their hearts, what a fantastic organisation. They're a football club that bought him before another club could, he signed a contract to play to the best of his ability and now his contract's about to finish he wants to get the fuck out of the circus. He doesn't owe Newcastle any more than they owe him for subjecting him to the madhouse that is NUFC.