Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Forgot the games were even on today, thank fuck for that United result. Cant wait to see Arsenal/Villa, which is possibly the most important game of the day, I'm hoping both sides just go for it and we see a cracking game.

Wow at City being 4-0 up already as well. MOTD has now become a must watch :)

I'd be very pissed off I was a City fan. They either lose or win about 12-0.

No, I'd be happy now if my team was 4-0 up. Way too much pressure on City in the first season they're expected to deliver, people need to realise things don't just change over night and they should look to making a big impact over the future. This season is about bringing in the right players and making them gel together properly. You can buy all the big names you want, if they don't gel and there's no proper chemistry, it wont work. City have been judged way too early as has Hughes. I'm still not fully sure he's the right man for this certain job, but he's got to be given a proper chance and be given this entire season.

Perhaps "very pissed off" was a bit strong, but it'd certainly irritate me that they're losing most weeks, but when they do win, they look unstoppable. I'm sure City fans would have prefered a few 1-0 wins as opposed to the occasional 5-0 or 6-0 thrashings.

Perhaps "very pissed off" was a bit strong, but it'd certainly irritate me that they're losing most weeks, but when they do win, they look unstoppable. I'm sure City fans would have prefered a few 1-0 wins as opposed to the occasional 5-0 or 6-0 thrashings.

I completely agree with that thinking. If you can score 4 in a half and blow teams out by 4/5/6 every few games then there's now "we need to gel" excuse. Either you can click or you can't as a team, and the absolute ass rapings they deal out every 4/5 matches shows that they can. So yeah I'd be pissed because there's no reason for them to not show up for a few matches and then blow someone out of the water. It isn't like this match with Hull today is the first time it's happened. Too much pressure too early ? Pfffffft. That's the nature of the game when you get money.

There must be something in Stephen Ireland's water this year. Even when the whole team is blowing chunks, he still manages to almost keep us in it.

That's not to say we blew chunks today. I think Kou might be hanging himself somewhere.

Edited by Clawson