Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Bugger Lampard and Gerrard, Carrick and Barry is the way to go. :P

Fucking hell... Darren Bent won't live that one down for a while... sitter.

Aaaand, it's 1-1. Terry waited for Carson, Carson waited for Terry, nobody did anything about the impending German (edit: Helmes), and Germany score an embarassing goal.

Edit2: I just realised my reporting of that goal makes Terry sound somewhat at fault. No way. Carson 100% at fault, the fucking idiot. Just... that's the only word for it. Fucking idiot.

Edited by Farmer Reil

John Terry, lol.

There's no way you can blame Terry for that one. Trust me, I try to blame Terry for absolutely everything, but that was 100% Carson's fuckup. Or at least 90%. Maybe Terry should've dealt with it better (i.e, do absolutely anything with it other than stand there like a twat), but he shouldn't have had to in the first place because any competent goalkeeper would already have been there.

Also, Germany's defence looks shit. Unfortunately, we have Darren Bent up front, so it doesn't matter.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Scott Carson gives me the uneasy feeling I used to get from watching David James pre-Pompey.

... that's not a good thing.

What happens to these players when they pull on an England shirt? From all reports, he was good last season at Charlton.

Edited by Farmer Reil

What happens to these players when they pull on an England shirt? From all reports, he was good last season at Charlton.

His weaknesses weren't exposed at Charlton. His strength is shot stopping but he's awful at coming off his line, so playing in a team that defends deep and allows lots of shots suits him down to the ground. I shudder to think of what he'd have been like at Liverpool.

And HOORAY~!