Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Surely it's a good thing to see the players who don't usually get a break in the England set-up get their chance? I would say this has worked out for the better because we can now see some other players get their chance to shine and offer Capello more options. Stop complaining - the only way Fabio is going to see how players truly work with each other is to see them play together in the same squad instead of going to different games against different opponents for different teams.

then our country is screwed.

Got it in one, sir.

But seriously: I'm all for the likes of Agbonlahor etc. potentially getting their chance to shine. My suspicion is, however, that the team might possibly play okay but in an uninspiring sort of way (whether that's for some proper reason like a lack of cohesion, or whether it's just England being England) and then they'll never get picked again.

It's not a B Team, it's other members of the squad. If they're all only 'B level' and the Sky 4 players are the only good ones we have, then our country is screwed.
Umm... the Sky 4 players buy all the good ones as soon as they realise that they're good. I reckon there's about 5 players in the squad that could make the 16 for a qualifier that don't play for the big 4.

It's not a B Team, it's other members of the squad. If they're all only 'B level' and the Sky 4 players are the only good ones we have, then our country is screwed.
Umm... the Sky 4 players buy all the good ones as soon as they realise that they're good. I reckon there's about 5 players in the squad that could make the 16 for a qualifier that don't play for the big 4.

lol

lol

:wacko:

BBC radio commentary (paraphrased):

"Maybe Agbonlahor would have been tempted to carry on running..."

"If he had a few more caps, he'd have the confidence to do that."

"He has 15."

"Yeah, well, so has Downing."

"...Hmm."

:lol:

He's done his job. Nothing "omg Carrick is amazing" yet, but he's done his job very well. IMO (which, when it comes to football, is generally considered to be worthless :P). It's worth noting that the Germans have Gomes up front though, so... yeah...

Even Downing has been... non-complainable, shall we say.

Bugger, Podolski on for Gomes... Lawrenson makes a funny:

"I don't know if the cheering is for Podolski coming on, or Gomes going off...".

Glenn Johnson's been pretty crap in the second half.

Edited by Farmer Reil