Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

- Newcastle will finish 6th.

Heh, funnily enough, I meant to have Newcastle down as 5th.

I don't think they'll come anywhere near to challenging the Top 4 for their places, but places 5 to 9/10 are wide open for most of the season a lot of the time. I could actually see them stealing 5th.

EDIT: Just checked with Betfred...

Ok, it's by no means a certainty, but 10/1 on Newcastle finishing 5th isn't too bad I don't think.

lol, baddar.

Hull winning was fantastic was doing some school work with the game on as background music turned around to see Geovanni celebrating and my jaw dropped, Arsenal have a knack of getting a last minute equaliser and I was sure Fabregas would get one but the Hull goalkeeper did well.

Portsmouth stopper David James has told Michael Owen, who has James in his fantasy league team, to drop him, having conceded 10 goals in Pompey's last two games. (Observer)

I find this bizarrely humourous for some reason.

Ha. Watching match of the day... where was this Ronaldo "dive" for the penalty that I was hearing about on the radio? To me, the defender made a hell of a tackle, and the referee made a terrible decision. Only reason Ronaldo was on the floor was due to the tackle. Dive my arse.

I don't think anyone said anything about a dive did they? I certainly never heard anyone say it, just talk about how bad a decision it was by Rob Styles. I haven't seen it but I heard that the all the players just expected the game to continue and carried on but twit brain gave a penalty.

Yeah, I may have missed a few posts but I don't remember anyone mentioning diving. I was a bit confused when WitW started talking about a dive but I assumed I'd just missed something so I didn't say anything.

Oh and as much as I want to say well done to Phil Brown. Until I take that little microphone/ear piece off him and shove it down his throat - I refuse.

Yeah, I may have missed a few posts but I don't remember anyone mentioning diving. I was a bit confused when WitW started talking about a dive but I assumed I'd just missed something so I didn't say anything.

Oh and as much as I want to say well done to Phil Brown. Until I take that little microphone/ear piece off him and shove it down his throat - I refuse.

He said he heard it on the radio, not saw it in a post on here.

But yeah, I didn't think a dive could even be brought into question. I think Ronaldo knew it shouldn't have been a penalty by the muted celebration afterwards. At first I thought it could've been to do with the way some of the fans treated him over the summer, but then, he celebrated his goal against Middlesbrough the other night properly.

Well there you go then. Sorted.

In other news Joke In 'Ere has a 2 game touchline ban, so he has to spend his first 'proper' match in charge watching from the stands. I think he should see if he can get through his whole tenure with the club without ever having to manage a match from the dugout.