Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Spurs were actually playing today?? Jesus I never realise <_<

"1657: "I'm 45 and I'm close to blubbing like a baby. My sweet, sweet Lord, at last City are here (I think). All these years of endless gnawing, aching, gut wrenching devotion to a cause that only sado-masochists understand and the sun is rising on a blue dawn."

Bill Geddes, Macclesfield, via text on 81111 "

From the bbc site.

Yeah, because supporting Man City is such a terrible thing isn't it? They've only been a Premiership calibre side for what... 7 years, played in Europe multiple times and, to be fair, been a pretty decent time for a long time now.

Not to mention that this guy was alive when they won two League Cups and an FA Cup (although not very old I don't think) but still.. What a horrible position to be in your whole life. He makes it sound like Man City have come from the conference in 5 years and become some superpower.

Some people, just so dramatic!

I still think back to when they beat Gillingham in the last minute in the league 1 playoff final. It was so depressing. If they'd have lost then I think it would be unlikely that they'd be up in the Premiership today. That was the turning point of their slide - that last couple of minutes of that one game.

Stupid Gillingham, I hate Man City.

Lovely, on top of Joey Barton and Danny Guthrie, we've now got Andy Carroll knocking some birds lights out over the weekend.

Honestly, what's next?

Lovely, on top of Joey Barton and Danny Guthrie, we've now got Andy Carroll knocking some birds lights out over the weekend.

Honestly, what's next?

Jesus, poor lass. Andy Carroll's a fucking big guy, wouldn't fancy being lamped by him.

"A Nigerian businessman says he is leading a bid to buy Newcastle United. "The consortium has raised £350m," said the chief executive of NVA Management Chris Nathaniel. (The Times)"

Someone called this earlier.

Damn Zero/Kaney/CSAMH/That Tottenham fan mod

~SCAM.

I mean, we've all got mails from Nigerian princes before, haven't we?

"A Nigerian businessman says he is leading a bid to buy Newcastle United. "The consortium has raised £350m," said the chief executive of NVA Management Chris Nathaniel. (The Times)"

Twas me, me hearty (H)

Damn Zero/Kaney/CSAMH/That Tottenham fan mod

~SCAM.

I mean, we've all got mails from Nigerian princes before, haven't we?

Nigerians use football alot for human trafficking crimes, pretend they are representatives from big teams around the world and convince the parents that they are taking the kids to those clubs.

I'm waiting for my email

Dear mr Gazzpriest,

I write to you on behlaf... blah blah blah... £350MILLION POUNTS to purchase Newcastle City Footbal Clubb... yadda yadda yadda... please send me yur bank details.

Regards

Prince Bandar of Lagos

<_<

Just when you thought things at Newcastle couldn't get any funnier, news comes that the odds on Terry Venables becoming the next manager at St James's Park have been slashed from 33s to 2/1. That isn't likely to get fans flocking to the ground, with less than 15,000 tickets sold for tonight's battle of the circus clubs

Credit - football365

Oh, mercy! :w00t: