Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

We deserved the win in the end. It's a good result though and we'd have taken that. Yet again Chelsea failed to beat us and the first half we didn't even play that well. How hard was Webb trying to help out Terry and co there? Giving freekicks for nothing, giving corners rather than handballs in the area, not giving the offside which led to the Chelsea goal and just general incompitence. I still can't believe these men are paid for that job.

Redknapp is the finest pundit in the world for stupid statements at the moment. Everyone does it but I love his comments like "That man is LITERALLY dying out there". You could make a two hour dvd of his cock ups.

You probably could, although it'd be made into two DVD's, one this Christmas, one next, charged at £13.99 each. :shifty:

So the story appears to be we dominate the first half, they score against the run of play. Then we die in the second half and somehow go 3-0 down, at home, to Man City?

Ugh. Regroup for after the international break. Somehow we're going to be in the relegation zone at the end of today. Did not expect that, was fully expecting 3 more points and moving up the table today.

So the story appears to be we dominate the first half, they score against the run of play. Then we die in the second half and somehow go 3-0 down, at home, to Man City?

Ugh. Regroup for after the international break. Somehow we're going to be in the relegation zone at the end of today. Did not expect that, was fully expecting 3 more points and moving up the table today.

You should know by now to expect the unexpected in the PL, especially early on.

Yes because one of these teams came in 9th last year and the other 15th. And the team in 9th picked up more talent in the off-season so expecting 3 points from us is stupid. We're better than you.

Shut up Clawson. I was well within my reason to expect a win from us. I was expecting Man City to have a worse season than last year, and had you not picked up SWP again I'd still be expecting that. Unfortunately I think SWP may have a massive effect on how well you do.

So again, shut up.

Yes we'll have a worse season when we've added people like Kompany and Jo. Do you forget how far up the table we were last year before Richards picked up his injury? I don't see why everybody thinks last year was a fluke, we just had a shit run at the end. We'll easily finish top 10 again this year while you'll still be around 14/15.

Edited by Clawson

Shut up Clawson. I was well within my reason to expect a win from us. I was expecting Man City to have a worse season than last year, and had you not picked up SWP again I'd still be expecting that. Unfortunately I think SWP may have a massive effect on how well you do.

So again, shut up.

Same goes for Clawson though, doesn't it?

He gave reasons why it would be silly to "expect" a win from Sunderland today, and he's correct in what he said.

One of you supports Sunderland, the other Man City, so you obviously both want the best for your team.

I didn't think it was a fluke at all. But with Thaksin's problems, I was expecting Man City to enter some difficult times. Especially if he has to sell up, and like stated no one is willing to stump up the cash for the club, then there could be some problems for the team. I also expect Everton and Portsmouth will have worse seasons this year and if anything outside the top 4 the Premiership will be the closest it's been for quite some time. With Villa chasing the top 4 doggedly for the whole season just about.

Most teams can take points off each other at the minute, but until 8-10 games in we won't know for definite whose having the good seasons and whose having the bad seasons. I expected about 12-14 this year for us, but our performance so far have been so encouraging I was tempted to think we could make a top half finish if the other teams don't perform as well as they did last year. So for us to roll over and die in the second half to City, after dominating the first half is quite a set back and a disappointing performance.

Not really, I'm the first to say when we've been poor and am generally overly critical of the team as a whole anyways. It's hard to be biased when you support Sunderland, considering the utter pile of steaming shit we used to be a few years ago. I know when we're good, and I know when we're bad. And today is a very, very bad day marring what looks to be otherwise a very good season.