Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Hoorah, my ticket for the Spurs vs. Wigan match arrived today! But for anyone who's bought tickets for a Tottenham home game before (I'd thought I'd ask here first cos the club will probably just send me a stock standard reply anyway), on the bottom of the ticket is says 'Membership card required', even though:

1. As far as I can tell, all seats are general admission, they just have varying prices

2. I only bought the ticket after they went on general sale

Is this just some standard thing on the bottom of the ticket or would I now need to buy a membership for whatever reason? Or does it mean the second ticket that came attached to the first one with my details on it?

Bit late, but I thought Fulham getting a positive result against Arsenal was....kinda obvious. Sure, we lost to Hull, but by all accounts we played well and had enough chances to take it, just didn't. Arsenal weren't great against WBA, and even though they have a talented side, seem to still be toiling slightly after losing some big name players. Plus, we were home, which has been the difference between staying up and going down for us for a fair few seasons.

I was pleasantly surprised with the victory, but as the MOTD guys said about us (and Sunderland while they were at it), we are both just better and stronger sides this season.

I've not seen much of Gera, but apparently Zamora has looked like he is willing to work, plus Seol has come out of nowhere to re-establish himself in the side. Add to that Davies, Bullard and Murphy continuing thier good work from last year, it all looks pretty good. Plus, with Johnson, at least we may finally have someone a bit more clinical for the chances we create.

Hoorah, my ticket for the Spurs vs. Wigan match arrived today! But for anyone who's bought tickets for a Tottenham home game before (I'd thought I'd ask here first cos the club will probably just send me a stock standard reply anyway), on the bottom of the ticket is says 'Membership card required', even though:

1. As far as I can tell, all seats are general admission, they just have varying prices

2. I only bought the ticket after they went on general sale

Is this just some standard thing on the bottom of the ticket or would I now need to buy a membership for whatever reason? Or does it mean the second ticket that came attached to the first one with my details on it?

Not really a good answer, but I'd go with contacting the club for details.

You actually raise a great point. It's going to be difficult to accommodate Wright-Phillips, Elano, Ireland, Johnson and Petrov into the same midfield.

I always forget which one of Elano and Petrov plays on the right for City - but surely, having spent a reported 10 million, Wright Phillips is at least gonna get a shot at the wing. If Elano is their right sided player, I could see him being brought inside. Petrov maybe will be dropped.

I see Ireland and Johnson as a similar kind of player and that's why I feel it might be one of them who ends up on the bench. That's why I ask, which one is better?

Man City will definatly have some bite in its midfield, so it really depends on the formation, Ireland is more versatile yet Johnson is the stronger player. I think Johnson is more the kind of player Hughes would go for. What about Hamann (sp?) i thought he had an excellent season last year, not sure if it was because of Johnson's injury he shined or what i still think he has something to offer, probably the only player who can sit infront of the back four and protect them. And Fernandes...i forgot about Gelsen...bah i dunno!

42 goals in 124 games is still a pretty decent return on a constantly injured player...

Louis Saha to Everton is a fine piece of business and still allows Louis to keep his family where they have no doubt settled in.

Plus, it's got to mean that we are moving somewhere with our strike hunt...