Step Brothers

Tits McGee

I love Talladega Nights.

Also, Will Ferrell suffers from the whole "too popular for his own good". I know people who were big fans of him two years ago who suddenly say "Oh, Anchorman was just ok" and "Will Ferrell sucks". The only Will Ferrell comedy I didn't really like was Semi-Pro. Blades of Glory is one of the funniest movies released recently, and Anchorman has become a classic almost.

I love Talladega Nights.

Also, Will Ferrell suffers from the whole "too popular for his own good". I know people who were big fans of him two years ago who suddenly say "Oh, Anchorman was just ok" and "Will Ferrell sucks". The only Will Ferrell comedy I didn't really like was Semi-Pro. Blades of Glory is one of the funniest movies released recently, and Anchorman has become a classic almost.

It's just a natural backlash. The same thing's happened recently with a lot of Judd Apatow's projects, to a smaller extent, and to Kevin Smith's works. And the thing is: both men still make funny movies that make me laugh. (Though I was a bit disappointed by Forgetting Sarah Marshall.)

I actually like Forgetting Sarah Marshall a lot. It probably was a victim of the hype it got as being so great. I found it hilarious though.

The thing about it is that it's a kind of romantic comedy but turned the other way around, focusing on the guy's instead of the girl's troubles. Still worth a look if you like Apatow films.

And maybe ROC disliked it because he thought Drillbit Taylor would be the big hit of the two. :P

Sarah Marshall was okay. Outside the stuff from the trailers there wasn't really anything that great about it. The "blowjob" thing on the webcam, the guy dropping his towel at the beginning... About it. Nothing laugh out loud funny. Good movie to waste money on. Even though the movie was meant to be romantic comedy that ends with the happy love ending, I wish Hollywood wouldn't go that route so often. Sometimes it is warrented, but other times I see the end of a movie and roll my eyes going "oh come the fuck on." I will truely cry if Step Brothers ends with the two of them getting married and having kids that fight at first or some crap like that.

Edited by Vitamin E

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to see this movie with my girlfriend today and it was pretty amazing. The whole theater laughed through almost the whole movie. It did have about a 10 minute stretch towards the end where it got kinda slow but it picked right back up.

Probably my second favorite Will Ferrell movie behind Anchorman

I actually like Forgetting Sarah Marshall a lot. It probably was a victim of the hype it got as being so great. I found it hilarious though.

The thing about it is that it's a kind of romantic comedy but turned the other way around, focusing on the guy's instead of the girl's troubles. Still worth a look if you like Apatow films.

And maybe ROC disliked it because he thought Drillbit Taylor would be the big hit of the two. :P

I don't think I said anything of the sort, but Owen Wilson with the Apatow guys seemed gold. FSM is probably a better movie, but...

1) It still wasn't a big hit. $60 mill is kind of weak considering the grosses of the breakout Apatow comedies and the grosses of "breakout comedies" in April. Good gross, yes, but big hit, no.

2) It still wasn't as good as the others, but it wasn't bad by any stretch, just a disappointment. There is a slight difference. I don't see Jason Segel's as a good lead. He's a great supporting man, but he was massively annoying in the movie. But Mila was great, both hot and showing a nice bit of charm you never got from her playing Jackie on That 70s Show (mostly because Jackie's supposed to be a bitch). I also massively enjoyed the crime series bits with the Baldwin. Those were class.

Edited by ROC