Madden '09

Cactus Drags

Me and TheArsenal had a cracking game last night, I was the Steelers and he was.....I believe the Chargers....can't remember. Anyway, he ended up winning 25-22, but it was back and forth, with him only getting the lead with under a minute of the 4th to go.

I wuz robbed!!!11! though (:shifty:) as I missed 3 points worth of conversions (a 2 point one complete, but bought back for holding and then failed, and then somehow hitting the post after my first touchdown), and for the last play of the 1st half, I took an interception back 40 or 50 yards, only to be bought down at the 4 or 5 yard line by the last man, practically. That would have been ok, if on the last play of the 2nd quarter I hadn't hit my reciever for a 60-odd yard gain, with him getting hit at around the same area (though there wasn't any YAC, just tackled as he got the ball). TheArsenal played well enough to win, and absolutely annihalated my pass defence on two of his touchdowns for big yardage TD's.

Oh, and I finally won my first online game, giving me a record of 1-5. Was 23-0 up at half time, and the guy pulled out, so finished off against the CPU. I blocked a punt for a safety, and intercepted twice, running one back for a touchdown. He was playing the kinda football I usually reserve for my online play.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and TheArsenal had a cracking game last night, I was the Steelers and he was.....I believe the Chargers....can't remember. Anyway, he ended up winning 25-22, but it was back and forth, with him only getting the lead with under a minute of the 4th to go.

I wuz robbed!!!11! though (:shifty:) as I missed 3 points worth of conversions (a 2 point one complete, but bought back for holding and then failed, and then somehow hitting the post after my first touchdown), and for the last play of the 1st half, I took an interception back 40 or 50 yards, only to be bought down at the 4 or 5 yard line by the last man, practically. That would have been ok, if on the last play of the 2nd quarter I hadn't hit my reciever for a 60-odd yard gain, with him getting hit at around the same area (though there wasn't any YAC, just tackled as he got the ball). TheArsenal played well enough to win, and absolutely annihalated my pass defence on two of his touchdowns for big yardage TD's.

Oh, and I finally won my first online game, giving me a record of 1-5. Was 23-0 up at half time, and the guy pulled out, so finished off against the CPU. I blocked a punt for a safety, and intercepted twice, running one back for a touchdown. He was playing the kinda football I usually reserve for my online play.

I was the Giants. I think my first touchdown was a 60 or 68 yard reception (50+ YAC). It was a great game to play. I was quite worried I had lost it after being 10-0 at the end of the first quarter, but a fourth quarter come-back and a late defensive tackle at the 5 got me the win. I managed to score a field goal off the posts (and then good) - which I was impressed with, but blame the wind for my initial poor aim. <_<

Great game.

I hate getting beaten by people that you know you should beat. I lost 24-14, after being 21-0 down, and when I finally played the way I should have been, it was too late. The guy couldn't pass, but could rush and that was it really. He threw 3 interceptions, and lost a fumble, whilst when Big Ben of the Steelers got injured, I managed to throw 3 picks with my reserve QB, and drop a fumble. The thing is, his first two drives ended up with me intercepting him, but my failure to move the ball both times led to me having to punt away, and not in a position to capitalise.

And I hate people who go on 4 and 8 or stupid things like that. Be realistic.....inches, 1 yard, maybe 2, and it all depends on field position, but seriously, whats the point?

I try and play the game as the game should be played for the most part. I punt when its anything over 2 realistically, and I also try and stay in the pocket for the most part. Funny thing is, on my last game online, I did my first bit of running around like a seemingly headless chicken, and hit my reciever for a 70yard TD.

Second patch has been completed, and is off to MS/Sony for certification, expect it to be made available within three weeks. Patch addresses the following:

- Kicking game disconnects

- Stability issues in the highlights screens (and in Franchise mode after training games)

- Stability issues with the MaddenIQ post-game pop-up

- The fucking WR direct snap bullshit

- Franchise progression - more noticeable progression, and edited players will also progress/regress

- CPU players running out of bounds for no reason

- Ineffective penalty sliders

- Lack of field degradation (if you ask me, they should tone down the jersey dirtiness a tad)

- CPU taking a millisecond to snap the ball, making it almost impossible to get your pre-snap adjustments done

Patch will affect franchise games, so no need to restart, you can carry on your saves. There's another minor Franchise stability issue that's being investigated apparently, but won't be resolved with this patch.

Also from the developer blogs:

We have officially started building the “Sim Madden Gamer” DLC pack, which includes Accelerated Clock, a “Classic” Controller Configuration, CPU Sliders, and Community Gamerpics for 360. I’ll state again that there’s no promise that this goes through, but we have nearly every one of these features actually done’ internally, so now we have to figure out how to get Microsoft and Sony to allow us to release them.

Sounds excellent, hopefully they get to release that. They better not charge for it though. And don't expect further patches, theyre already bitching that this is taking time away from 2010 development. Should've thought about that before releasing a beta, amiright? I think maybe they should switch to a two-year model, and release some sort of paid DLC on the in-between years featuring updated rosters, uniforms, stadia etc. I'm sure we'd end up with a far more stable product, and I doubt they'd be much opposition to a small charge for the DLC.

Second patch has been completed, and is off to MS/Sony for certification, expect it to be made available within three weeks. Patch addresses the following:

- Kicking game disconnects

- Stability issues in the highlights screens (and in Franchise mode after training games)

- Stability issues with the MaddenIQ post-game pop-up

- The fucking WR direct snap bullshit

- Franchise progression - more noticeable progression, and edited players will also progress/regress

- CPU players running out of bounds for no reason

- Ineffective penalty sliders

- Lack of field degradation (if you ask me, they should tone down the jersey dirtiness a tad)

- CPU taking a millisecond to snap the ball, making it almost impossible to get your pre-snap adjustments done

Patch will affect franchise games, so no need to restart, you can carry on your saves. There's another minor Franchise stability issue that's being investigated apparently, but won't be resolved with this patch.

Also from the developer blogs:

We have officially started building the “Sim Madden Gamer” DLC pack, which includes Accelerated Clock, a “Classic” Controller Configuration, CPU Sliders, and Community Gamerpics for 360. I’ll state again that there’s no promise that this goes through, but we have nearly every one of these features actually done’ internally, so now we have to figure out how to get Microsoft and Sony to allow us to release them.

Sounds excellent, hopefully they get to release that. They better not charge for it though. And don't expect further patches, theyre already bitching that this is taking time away from 2010 development. Should've thought about that before releasing a beta, amiright? I think maybe they should switch to a two-year model, and release some sort of paid DLC on the in-between years featuring updated rosters, uniforms, stadia etc. I'm sure we'd end up with a far more stable product, and I doubt they'd be much opposition to a small charge for the DLC.

They won't change anything with their current release strategy for Madden. The game is a huge money maker and switching to a release every other year would cut into their revenue. Even if they substitute in DLC, it won't make up for the cost, and I am sure a good percentage of Madden gamers are offline players.

I know they won't, but they fucking should, it'd save them having to scramble around trying to patch shit up at the very least. Even if they did it for one year, to get it all back on track, it'd be worth it. And come on, it's not like EA of all companies is desperate for cash.

I know they won't, but they fucking should, it'd save them having to scramble around trying to patch shit up at the very least. Even if they did it for one year, to get it all back on track, it'd be worth it. And come on, it's not like EA of all companies is desperate for cash.

Its a publically owned and traded company, so yes. It is desperate for cash.

Just had a cracking match, me as the Chargers versus someone as the Giants. It was 14-7 to him, and he got the kick-off in the 2nd half, so was looking to go two scores ahead, which usually kills me off that late, but I intercepted and went back for the touchdown. He scored next drive, but I scored a TD with 3 minutes to go, luckily I might add, as I had a fumble rescinded due to facemasking, and actually fumbled it into the end zone two plays later, but my played fell on it for the TD. He had 3 minutes, but a couple of plays in, I grabbed the interception, and drove down to the 5 yard line, putting a field goal through as the clock ran out.

So now, my online stats are 2-9 >_> I rule.

I was playing as the Bears and won a game with less then 150 yards of combined offence. Scored a rushing TD, recovered a fumble for a field goal, and intercepted Payton Manning and kicked another field goal off of that. I won the game with the score of 13 to 10.

Edited by Toe

I have now had two challenges that the computer has caught it out of bounds but counted and when I challenge it challenges the fact that it wasn't a catch!? Thus the play stands and they still get the yards.

I, too, have had a few blatantly obvious challenges called wrong after review. Lame.