Madden '09

Cactus Drags

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be finding a new way to lose every time in this league. Dropped to 0-3. Up for more league games tonight.....tomorrow I should be home by 3 PM Eastern time. I wanna try get a couple more games in then too before the convention starts.

Edited by sahyder1

it was a lot closer that time though 17-10 and you had a good chance at a comeback except for that INT at the 1 yard line with 33 seconds left. fucking delhomme gets hurt, comes back then gets hurt same play again. sigh, I didn't trust Matt Moore especially after that 1 INT, so mass runs from then out.

I was kicking my brothers ass. I was the Saints, he was the Bucs. He has less then 30 yards of offence in the first have, I had picked him off 3 times, and he only scored because of a turnover.

BUT he turned it around. Huge pass to Galloway for a TD, my fumble turning into a QB sneak for 6 more, suddenly he is up by 6 with less then 20 seconds left.

Cue Reggie Bush. Sub him into the shotgun set and throw it over the middle to him. He catches it, avoids a tackle, and BAM! 81 yard TD throw. I get the extra point and win the game.

I'm suffering a Super Bowl hangover in my franchise game. Went 3-1 in pre-season but have started the season 0-2 with losses to the Saints in overtime and the Falcons. Romo has thrown seven picks in those two games, he's on target for 56 this season! May have to put Charlie Frye in. I managed to beat the Giants 16-6 but then the game froze on the way back to the schedule screen :rolleyes:

By the way if someone wants to take my place in the 360 league we've got going you're welcome to it.

Playing my friend yesterday I scored a TD with 24 seconds left and tried to go for 2 to take a 15-14 lead. Naturally I fail and naturally so does my onside kick. So he likes to fuck with me since my pass defense blows and he moves down to my 1 with 2 seconds left. He goes for the touchdown but Chris Gamble intercepts it and runs it back 102 yards to give me a 19-14 win. Twas badass.

Don't bother with Superstar mode, it sucks ass.

Why would I want to run Play Action Scissors three times in a fucking row? Come on.

Also, the quarterback challenge is shit. I get penalised for a receiver dropping a piss-easy pass. I get very few points for a completion, and not a great deal for yards gained either, especially when compared to the whopping 500 I lose for a tipped pass and -1000 for a pick. I know they're undesirable results, but you're telling me Peyotn Manning never got picked off? No quarterback throws for the touchdown on every play, but a TD streak is seemingly th only way to get a decent amount of points.

Anyone looking to play jakecarlball and his Rams, be prepared for a healthy dose of QB sneaks, 20 yard dropbacks, throwing deep pass plays when you've clearly won the game and constant no-huddle offense from the opening drive. Fun!

This makes me feel sad. Notice the sad face here: :(. But, again, this is my thing to do when I play. On that last deep pass when ya say I won, I was just trying to get away from the endzone so, I would not get a safety. Again, I would like to thank ya for a good game.