Madden '09

Cactus Drags

Got it on Tuesday, finally played last night.

Started with a 638 Madden IQ (pass defense sucks, I couldn't see the circle that said who I was controlling <_<). Not getting XBL Gold any time soon so apparently I'm not getting any roster updates either :angry:

I got a sub-4.5 time in the 40, I am proud of myself.

Weren't you on Live last night?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragsy outplayed me as well in our second game. Steelers still won 22-16 though. I'm not being Pittsburgh next time, I'm no good at their style of play. 3-1 is a very flattering record for me at the moment, I only won one game by a decent amount, the other two were tight contests that could have gone either way (and one that should have gone the other way) and I got blown out in my loss.

Dragsy is crazy at first. His running offense really surprised me because he was doing that lead-blocker bullshit which gives you an automatic 5-yards a run, plus some. But then after four-minutes I was like, "Okay Dragsy, if you are going to lead-block with that guy, you're going to run in that direction, therefore I am going to shift all of my men over there and blitz you on that side, leading to one or no yard gains." Plus I was able to read his pass defense and get three 50+ yard passes.

Why do I lose every time? I don't mean to be bigheaded or out, but with the exception or LL, I feel I've generally outplayed my opponents for the first three quarters, but something always goes wrong in the fourth quarter. I was playing the Browns (sorry, missed your GT, and I'm sure it's not the same as your board name) and I gave up an early touchdown because apparently I stand a better chance of sacking horse balls for a safety with Nate Vasher than I do Alex Brown, leaving Braylon Edwards wide open for something like a million yard touchdown. But generally I held my own, and yet 4th quarter, tied at 21 it all goes to shit ad I just can't stop them on 3rd down. Fair play, you engineered a decent drive and deserved the win, but how can a team just suddenly die like that? I wasn't doing anything dramatically different or anything, I can't figure it out. It's happened the last few games now where I've been the better player, yet lost it in the fourth quarter.

Stupid Madden, always finds a way to put me in a mood, every year :(

To be fair in our game while I did get quite lucky and outplayed with my returns I had some unfortunate shit. I should have had that touchdown before the half but he got pulled down at the one and such. You play a good game offensively but your pass defense isn't that great, you need to be more proactive. Also Reggie Bush is jesus.

Again if anyone wants to play I'm down.

Edited by Mick's Bitch

Why do I lose every time? I don't mean to be bigheaded or out, but with the exception or LL, I feel I've generally outplayed my opponents for the first three quarters, but something always goes wrong in the fourth quarter. I was playing the Browns (sorry, missed your GT, and I'm sure it's not the same as your board name) and I gave up an early touchdown because apparently I stand a better chance of sacking horse balls for a safety with Nate Vasher than I do Alex Brown, leaving Braylon Edwards wide open for something like a million yard touchdown. But generally I held my own, and yet 4th quarter, tied at 21 it all goes to shit ad I just can't stop them on 3rd down. Fair play, you engineered a decent drive and deserved the win, but how can a team just suddenly die like that? I wasn't doing anything dramatically different or anything, I can't figure it out. It's happened the last few games now where I've been the better player, yet lost it in the fourth quarter.

Stupid Madden, always finds a way to put me in a mood, every year :(

I didn't want to be a bighead myself and just tear you verbally on your defense, but at first it was very easy to understand what you were going to do. The Edwards catch was picture perfect for myself. You had 8-men in the box (I know you're British so you don't get to watch a lot of football), but that means you have like 3 defensive linemen and 4 linebackers up close to my offensive line men, so I looked over to find Joe Jurevicious and Braylon Edwards standing right next to each other with only one corner back to cover them and your safety was sneaking up a little. So I was able to get your cornerback to move in with Jurevicous because he was running an In-route, and your outside lineback was blitzing. This left Braylon wide-open with maybe the safety on him.

I think that's the play that happened. Unless the Edwards touchdown was when I was one-on-one with your cornerback and just beat him on the route.

You were able to get a bunch of interceptions, but I had your offense all figured out, so I knew you weren't going anywhere.

Vasher was only beaten because when I switched player from Dvoracek who was lying on the ground to Alex Brown to make the sack, it switched me instead to Vasher, and because I was moving downscreen towards Anderson, Vasher got pulled off of Edwards.

And I get to watch plenty American football thanks, there's like a triple-header every week, plus alternate games on interactive, and Monday Night Football is on here to, you can do without the condescending tone.

Ta for your help guys. Not quite sure how you mean about being more proactive though.

Edited by Dragsy

Vasher was only beaten because when I switched player from Dvoracek who was lying on the ground to Alex Brown to make the sack, it switched me instead to Vasher, and because I was moving downscreen towards Anderson, Vasher got pulled off of Edwards.

And I get to watch plenty American football thanks, there's like a triple-header every week, plus alternate games on interactive, and Monday Night Football is on here to, you can do without the condescending tone.

Ta for your help guys. Not quite sure how you mean about being more proactive though.

Yeah I fucking hate the game when it does that shit. You have an opportunity to run another guy at the quarterback, and when you try to switch to him, the game switches you to the cornerback covering the guy he just threw to.

I didn't know American football was on that much in other countries, considering we don't get much soccer. But that's probably because we have three other professional sports as well.

Right, this is all a little dull with no player movement, what's say we set up a sort of impromptu trading block?

Available for trade:

Desmond Clark, TE, 86 OVR

Mark Anderson, DE, 84 OVR

Anthony Adams, DT, 78 OVR

Rex Grossman, QB, 79 OVR >_>

NFL's gotten more coverage the last couple of years. NASN came along and had a bunch of baseball, hockey and basketball, along with college football, so Sky upped the ante and added even more NFL coverage. As for pro sports over here, football (soccer), cricket and rugby league/union are the big three, and whilst we do have pro ice hockey and basketball leagues, they get very little coverage.

Edited by Dragsy

Wait until we get the league over with so there's space in the second one. And with like 27 games or so to play, it should be cheap preowned by then.

By the way, I'm up for another game tonight, I won't invite as it seems my home field is cursed <_<

Edited by Dragsy

Yeah we get plenty of NFL in the UK as long as you have Sky Sports. Six games per week, highlights of all the other games, all the Thursday & Saturday games including Thanksgiving, all Playoff games and about 5-6 pre-season games. Plus Total Access and live coverage of Round 1 of the NFL Draft >_>

There's a ton of college football on NASN, too.

Yah I was the one who beat you. If anyone is up for a game rematch or otherwise I'm down.

I know you were the one that beat me, but thanks for rubbing it in :P