Madden '09

Cactus Drags

I don't know whats up with the My Skill ranking on mine. I did perfect on the running offense part of the test, because you'd have to be playing with your tounge not too, so of course its almost impossible for me to gain more than 2 yards on a carry, if I gain any ay all. But after about 5 or so games of rushing for no more than 20 yards, my level is still hovering around All Madden, making it impossible for me to do anything run related, and the defense just sits in coverage and keeps me from passing.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read on some other forums, the All Madden rushing setting is VERY dependant on you using the lead blocker controls

I was watching Insider Moves on the Inside Xbox thing for Xbox Live for Madden, and it said that you should avoid using the sprint button until you're in the open field. The main reason for this, and I didn't know until I watched it, is that defenders go faster and rip their blocks better when you press down on the sprint. I'm still getting used to not pressing it and using the highlight stick and spin/juke/stiff arm buttons, but I'm gaining more yards on the harder difficulties than I was before. Still, preferred the older way better.

Has something happened to the EWB league or is it just the EA servers having trouble? I tried to access my leagues and got an error and when I searched for the league it didn't find anything.

The not using sprint until in the open field makes a lot of sense, I'm still doing nothing with Marion Barber but I have noticed that not sprinting from the get-go and adjusting your slide protection seems to help. I can't do anything with the lead blocking controls though, on the rare occasion I get a good block in when I switch back to the running back he's already being tackled most of the time. The highlight stick's a bit crap too, I can juke or truck maybe one player but then nothing I do seems to work, I'm always tackled. After seven games (three regular season) I've only had one run for over 20 yards and that was a Tony Romo scramble. I had a big passing game against the Eagles but lost something like 34-23 and haven't done much else in the passing game. I'm finding it difficult to get over 200 yards in a game. I did, however, have an 80 yard play action pass TD to Martellus Bennett but it was called back for Andre Gurode holding <_<

Edited by AD

I get Lynch to 100 yards or around there, but he is averaging 3 yards per carry and I have to give him the ball 32 - 35 times. Luckily, I am getting decent at throwing short passes. Lee Evans is really suited towards running the quick slant route for a short gain or a deep slant route for long 3rd down conversions.

I just had a superb game in my Franchise as the Cowboys against the Arizona Cardinals, I was winning the game but right at the end with only a few seconds to go they come back and tie the thing up making it 17 – 17 going into Overtime, In overtime they then get a field goal which they thankfully miss, I then come back and win the game 20-17. I am now currently 3-3 in my Franchise.

I am no Madden veteran by any means, but this is the first Madden game to truly absorb me, I’ve always found the difficulty in Madden to be too easy or too hard depending on my setting, but with the Madden IQ feature I am getting some really competitive games without feeling that I am totally out of my depth, for every game I am losing I am winning another, Which is how I think it should be.

My Madden IQ is all over the place. My rushing offense is in All-Madden, passing Offence is All-Pro, rushing Defence is Pro and passing defence Rookie!

It's leading to competitive games though I was 2-2 through pre-season in my Jets Franchise and I'm 0-1 in the regular season following a tight 10-7 loss to the Dolphins. I'm loving it.

Well I took the advice about only using the sprint button when in open field and it really helped me. Barber started off really hot against the Redskins, averaging about 5.5 yards for the first 7-8 carries but then he faded out a fair bit and the average slipped to between 2 and 3. I also found it useful when scrambling, was able to throw for 250+ yards, 3 TDs and no interceptions on the way to a 33-16 beating of Washington :)

I would suggest taking the test, playing 5 or 6 games, then putting the same numbers into a custom setting and then editting as you wish. The way I have it set now, I can break out some good runs with Lynch but it is a challenge to do it.