Mock the Week

FireDoughnut

Michael McIntyre (the guy on Frankie and Hugh's team) is awesome, and really isn't in enough things.

The girl was crap, though. ¬_¬

Edit: There are some pretty long clips of Michael McIntyre on his MySpace page, huzzah.

Edited by stokeriño

The women largely are pretty boring though, they never seem to say that much, like they can't get a word in edgeways. I would though, I guess. :shifty:

Was a good show, thank god it's back.

The girl... She is the one who does the monkey thing and was in an episode of Black Books! Her name I have forgotten. She may not be that funny, but she is someones famous' child (I think) and is also hot :shifty:

I have missed Frankie Boyle.

Russell Howard out-performs Andy Parsons on a regular basis. He was even better than Hugh Dennis this week, though purely as a result of Hugh doing fuck all.

Let's face it: the team on the right is always inferior to the team on the left. They usually get the weaker of the two guests as well. ¬_¬

I was at a mates who wanted to watch it, it was fine. I've only watched now and again before. Frankie Boyle owns, I've found Russell Howard to not be funny 2/3rds of the time, but the other third to be hilarious. The Michael McIntyre guy was great.

I don't mind Russell Howard.

Hugh has really gone downhill over the last couple of seasons, though. He was all class in the first two; but now he's very much hit and miss and relies too heavily on the chlamydia and Shawoddywoddy jokes.

And "are you paying too much for your car insurance?" >_>

Just watched this. Fucking brilliant.

As for Hugh, I don't get his 'over-reliance' on them jokes. If anything, he was over-reliant on them in the early days. Now he 'teases' them a fair bit, as they're basically his 'catchphrases' now.

If anything everyone else suffers from the exact same thing, everyone has their style and a basis for most gags. Like the "Saddam hanging" gag Frankie did. I saw that joke coming the second he started talking about it, as it's a very similar punchline/variation to a punchline he's used time and time again in the past. But still, very funny!

I'd say Russell is the most hit and miss. He's got that thing where he's quite a funny bloke, but not a great comedian. He's like that "funny guy you know in the pub" kind of vibe about him. Similarly, I'd say Hugh is a great comedian, but not that funny of a bloke...if you're following what I'm saying.

And Michael McIntyre is brilliant.

Edited by YI

Michael McIntyre is indeed awesome. If you can find his Live At The Apollo bit that was on BBC1 a while back on YouTube I'd definitely recommend it.

But yeah, great to have the show back. So we've got Mock The Week and 8 Out Of 10 Cats on a run at the same time, and Would I Lie To You? starts again on BBC1 tonight I believe. Nice.

Edited by Scott McFly

If you can find his Live At The Apollo bit that was on BBC1 a while back on YouTube I'd definitely recommend it.

That's the first three videos he has on his MySpace page that I linked to earlier on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8U9O-nGk_9s

This one's good too;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ttwHyTqbXs

"The queen dressed differently of course, because she is the goalkeeper."

That is probably one of the funniest lines I can remember from the show. Plus the delivery of it was perfect too.

Edited by Chris2K

I ususally like Lucy Porter but I found her really crap on Mock The Week.

I always find Russel Howard really funny. Like when he talked about the grafitti he saw in the West Country

Shit quality but I damn near shat laughing at that.

Edited by RingysScottishNegro