2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bring up 1967 all you want. Just remember that you joined the league in 1970 and have never won a Cup. And last time I checked 13 is a lot more than 0.

And we've made the playoffs more times in the last 10 seasons than you have. So we've definitely been more futile than you in the past. :rolleyes:

Waytogo, Sean.

I'm not even debating hockey with Clawson, if he wants to talk about pre-WWII life than he can keep listening to Leafs glory days stories from an old folks home. I'm talking modern hockey where one team can win their division and the other is fighting for a lottery draft pick.

You brought up the last ten years and in those ten years the Canucks have been in the draft lottery one more time than the Leafs have and have one more division title. For a Canucks fan to even try and rip on the second most storied franchise in the NHL is a great bit fat joke.

But hey, if you like looking into rafters and seeing Stan Smyl and Trevor Linden, two guys who will never been in the Hall of Fame, with no Stanley Cup banners instead of legends of the game like Daryl Sittle, Borje Salming, Frank Mahovlich and Johnny Bower with 6 Stanley Cup banners then who are we to complain. I only counted after 1948 in those numbers so yeah, pull your head out your ass and realize that the Leafs have, and always will be, a more storied franchise than the Canucks.

By the way...you've had the same jersies for two years now, isn't it time for a change?

Edited by Clawson

This team just depresses me now. Rumours have Giguere leaving the Ducks, maybe to the leafs. Screw Toronto, come to Colorado!

Giguere would be a good goaltender for us, but he has been injury prone over the last few seasons and has a huge contract. He may not be much of an upgrade for us over a healthy Toskala.

He would be a huge upgrade between the pipes for Colorado though, and with a few tweaks that team could be a competitor.

As for what we're wagering, Gabe... I dunno. My bet with her is that if I lose, I have to quit drinking for a year. -_- I am confident that the Canucks will win (and I built in a coverage contingency with her :P) so I was willing to agree to it. In terms of you and I... I am not sure.

Name change?

As for what we're wagering, Gabe... I dunno. My bet with her is that if I lose, I have to quit drinking for a year. -_- I am confident that the Canucks will win (and I built in a coverage contingency with her :P) so I was willing to agree to it. In terms of you and I... I am not sure.

Name change?

We'd have to go through an admin to get a name change, but if we can swing that... I'm in.

I'm sure that, say, TGC would approve of our degenerate gambling.

Yes they do. Here is the Canucks schedule, home games in italics, Flames game in bold.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 Canucks Coyotes

Tue Mar 24, 2009 Canucks Stars

Thu Mar 26, 2009 Canucks Blues

Fri Mar 27, 2009 Canucks Avalanche

Sun Mar 29, 2009 Canucks Blackhawks

Tue Mar 31, 2009 Canucks Wild

Thu Apr 2, 2009 Ducks Canucks

Sat Apr 4, 2009 Canucks Oilers

Sun Apr 5, 2009 Avalanche Canucks

Tue Apr 7, 2009 Flames Canucks

Thu Apr 9, 2009 Kings Canucks

Sat Apr 11, 2009 Canucks Avalanche