2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think we should have some fun with this and superhype Pogge. I mean he did better than Jesus Price in their respective World Juniors. :shifty:

He currently has the best save percentage and GAA on the team!

I'm not sure what anyone else thinks... but with Burke having said that Luke Schenn is the only person he won't shop around, does anybody else think it's at all possible that Toskala may be on his way out to let Pogge come in and be the number 1?

As well as Toskala has played (soft early goals aside), I don't see him being pencilled in to what Brian Burke wants the team to look like. Pogge, on the other hand, is a young goaltender with a lot of size... kind of like JS Giguere was when Burke came into Anaheim.

The period between December 27th and the Trade Deadline should be a lot of fun to watch, just to see what moves Burke makes. It sure sounds like he's got a roster sheet in front of him with one name on it (Schenn), and the rest of the spaces just waiting to be filled... with everyone else currently on the team, being devices by which Burke can create the team he wants.

I'm sure there will still be a few good Leaf faces around when Double B is done tinkering... but it doesn't sound like he's going to be happy unless the team he ends the season with is vastly different than the team he inherited.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Interesting note from last Friday's Toronto Sun...the only Leafs remaining from the last time they reached the playoffs are Antropov, Ponikarovski, Kaberle, Cujo, and Stajan. Apparently there's also a good chance of Stajan being the only one left after this year.

He plays for the Leafs, so essentially he is.

....come on! We are better then the Islanders and Thrashers at least!

I don't think Ron Wilson has any faith in Joseph right now. He left Toskala in for all seven goals against Dallas, and has only started CuJo 4 times, if I remember correctly.

World Juniors start tomorrow, Canada/Czechs at 7. I'll be watching with baited breath wondering why Unice can't play like that for us ever. <_<

I am tempted to either quit my job (I work at Wal-Mart, big whoop) or call in sick to watch this. That should show you where my priorities are!

I miss walking up early on Boxing Day and driving out to Millbrook and Little Britain for ridiculous single day hockey tournaments. Actually, at the time I would have much rather stayed home, eaten breakfast in front of tube, and enjoyed the game.

For whatever reason my interest in the tourney has decreased each year since 02 when they broke my heart. That 02 was my favorite WJ team ever, if they would have only won it all. Canada comes out strong, the Russians pull their fat goalie and end up coming back in the third. I couldn't even turn on TSN because I wanted no part of the highlights of the collapse.

The prospect of Canada/Russia still draws me to the tournament enough that I follow it at least on the surface up until the finals.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I can't wait for the game. I go to pick my girlfriend up from the train station right before it starts, so it's going to be a pretty frantic drive back home. I absolutely love the WJ's, it's so fast and physical. To me, it's really the kind of hockey I love.

I can't wait for the game. I go to pick my girlfriend up from the train station right before it starts, so it's going to be a pretty frantic drive back home. I absolutely love the WJ's, it's so fast and physical. To me, it's really the kind of hockey I love.

I look forward to the World Juniors every year...

Part of me wishes that they'd turn it into a bigger thing... a month-long tournament maybe... a three month season and playoffs... anything... just so I can see more of it.