2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope somebody takes him out in the first game. Might as well add "not about the money" to his list of lies.

No thanks. He is still my favourite player.

Toronto got crushed by the Bruins tonight. It was a good game to watch until the Bruins started to run away with it in the third. Toskala and Joseph looked pretty bad. I was happy to see Toronto come back from 2 in the first period and then come back again in the second. I guess they just didn't have a third push in them.

Yeah but then you consider this:

"I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June. I hope everyone will understand and respect my decision."

And you realize he's a lying bastard. We already knew we would have gotten Higgins, Grabs and a 1st for him, plus with him gone others probably would have waived so there would be Jeff Carter and a 1st. But now look at us, Mats fucked us over huge and I actually respected him for that statement he made above. Not so much now that I just see it was a crock of shit. At least when Wendel and Killer left, they were traded and didn't go behind the back of all Leafs fans.

Hopefully it's a good 20 years before we even consider seeing #13 in the rafters of the ACC (and it will have to be).

Edited by Clawson

Yeah but then you consider this:

"I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June. I hope everyone will understand and respect my decision."

And you realize he's a lying bastard. We already knew we would have gotten Higgins, Grabs and a 1st for him, plus with him gone others probably would have waived so there would be Jeff Carter and a 1st. But now look at us, Mats fucked us over huge and I actually respected him for that statement he made above. Not so much now that I just see it was a crock of shit. At least when Wendel and Killer left, they were traded and didn't go behind the back of all Leafs fans.

Hopefully it's a good 20 years before we even consider seeing #13 in the rafters of the ACC (and it will have to be).

Despite that, Mats Sundin is still my favourite player. I know he could have accepted the trade and helped out the rebuilding process a ton, but I can get over it. He gave me a ton of great memories and I hope that Brian Burke can make the rebuild go quickly so we can all stop being angry with Mats and instead welcome him back as one of the best players to ever wear the Maple Leafs jersey.

Would've been a lot easier with Higgins, Carter and those two firsts though. But hey, why have the league leader in goals when the only way you can win the Cup is through being with a team from the beginning of training camp?

:rolleyes:

(I'm not taking shots at you here Toe, it's just that my favourite player of all time has turned out to be a back-stabing lying cunt rag and I'm not taking it well at all)

Would've been a lot easier with Higgins, Carter and those two firsts though. But hey, why have the league leader in goals when the only way you can win the Cup is through being with a team from the beginning of training camp?

:rolleyes:

(I'm not taking shots at you here Toe, it's just that my favourite player of all time has turned out to be a back-stabing lying cunt rag and I'm not taking it well at all)

It must be a Swede thing.

Daniel Alfredsson looked like a legitimately good guy and franchise player a few years back, but that post-buzzer slapshot right at Scott Niedermayer and his lack of being able to turn his team around really make him look like a giant douchebag as well.

Then you've got Mary Kate and Ashley in Vancouver.

Really, they're giving Swedes a bad name. Guys like Mattias Ohlund and Henrik Lundqvist should be ashamed to call them brothers.

An aside: Ohlund has turned himself into a monster. That guy is doing awesome.

And I'm a big fan of Chris Higgins (fuck off Basha :shifty: ). Plus if Sundin left, the other Muskoka Five probably would have followed him out the door.

I hate the Muppet too, but I can't see Alfredsson pulling something like this on Ottawa fans. That's what probably makes me sick the most in this: Daniel Alfredsson might actually be a more classy individual than Mats Sundin. :puke:

Yeah Clawson, I was talking to Toe about this the other night, if I'm not mistaken he went from I want to retire a Leaf, to I won't waive my NTC which was a great show of loyalty... at the worst possible time. If he loved the Leafs he'd have left the Leafs to help them get better(Grabs... who you got anyways, Higgins and a 1st). Then it was I don't want to be a rental player I want to go from start to finish with a team.... and it's not about the money.

Toe was saying that they'd cheer him at the ACC... Now I know I'm from Montreal and we're like Philly just more riotous, but really. I'd boo until I was horse in my throat and fire was in my lungs... I think what he did, was absolute bullshit, to Toronto, to his reputation to the NHL. He dragged this shit out for months and months, I mean how badly can he even want to play if he can only make up his mind in the middle of the season. At least if he left the Leafs, but did so in a trade, we could look back on this and say well, y'know, he had a great run in Toronto, but times they are a changing and it was the right time for him to leave and hey, look what we got for him. Now it's just, he was a great player in Toronto, then he fucked the team straight in the asshole... but I've never really been a fan...

How's about this D'agostini kid, 5 goals in 9 games, fast as lightning, 3 breakaway goals and drives hard to the net with a great wrist shot. Guillaume Latendresse, take some vitamin GTFO, pack that shit in and get on the bus to Hamilton.

I'm surprised you already didn't know that.

The Leafs/Pens game is the only circumstances where I cheer for Toronto. I hate the Pittsburgh franchise with every fibre of my being. As far as I'm concerned Pittsburgh should have lost their franchise in the 80's, then again in the late 90's and now I just hate them, their fans and Crosby. I know that for now, Pittsburgh is going to be fine financially, but c'mon, the same thing happened 25 years ago. Failing franchise, possibly moving or contracting, then the Pens get the miracle player, the next Gretzky and a player who was about 100 times better than Crosby is, in Mario Lemieux. They build a great young core of players that also includes Francis and Jagr, the franchise is saved! They win back to back cups and less than 10 years after that once all the stars have departed they're back where they started. In the hole for millions upon millions of dollars, the goodwill of Lemieux helps to keep the franchise where it is, they're gonna move, then they get the miracle player, the next Gretzky, Sidney Crosby. They build a young core of great players that also includes Malkin and Fleury and the franchse is saved! They make it as far as the Stanley Cup finals....

Anyways, Tonight's game was fantastic to watch. Incredibly exciting, great game played by both teams, there's just too much to say. The most important thing that needs to be said is that Ryan Miller turned out a performance that was nothing short of magic. I know that he conceeded 4 goals(on 43 shots) but wow, he made some saves... It was insane.

Kovalev, 3 goals in his past 3 games, and man has he been working hard. A goal and 1 or 2 assists tonight, a few hits, and plenty of second efforts. Amazing.

D'Agostini, another assist. It was a harder game for him than we've seen, but jeeze.

Steve Begin... I think that every team needs a player like Begin. He had one sequence where he was on the forecheck, he helped keep the puck pinned in the Buffalo zone for almost 2 minutes, he threw 5 huge hits, and then created a scoring chance. That was pretty much his story the whole night.

George Laraque, I like him playing with skilled players, he's so big and so amazing at protecting the puck that he created a lot of good chances for Tanguay. I also like that when he fought Peters, He'd hit him until he went down, once he was down he stops immediately. Peters got back up to try again, Laraque hits him once more, he goes down again he stops hitting. That's just a man who respects the people he fights, knows his job and is amazing at it. I loved him laughing at Peters when he was dancing around Laraque like some boxer... fool.

Great game to watch, great finish to the game, they do it all again in less than 24 hours. Can't wait.

That Kovalev snipe in overtime was a beauty. At least I think it was, I was really drunk at the time.

Anyway, as for the Leafs game. I agree with Basha, nothing gives me greater pleasure than beating Pittsburgh because everybody has jumped off the Leafs bandwagon has gone to Cindy so everytime we beat them, and especialy the way we beat them last night is probably the best feeling from a hockey game despite a win over Ottawa.

And Jeremy fucking Williams, who the fuck is this kid? I love him with a passion, hopefully he works hard to improve his skating so he can be a real force to be reckoned with. He's turned Jason Blake into the player we thought we were getting last year as well.

Good to see Frogger get his first NHL goal. I think he was our First Star last night along with Ian White for making Crosby and Malkin's lives living hell. Both of them played the body well and didn't get suckered in by any of their fancy dipshit moves (see Malkin's baseball thing, seriously he sucked last night and still got 2 points).

Yeah Plubby, the Habs/Sabres game was probably the most exciting of the year that I've seen the Habs play. They're two very similar teams in terms of playing style and depth so it's usually a great game that ends up with the two teams just trading rushes all night and the two goalies standing on their heads.

Clawson, It was vintage Kovy. He found a hole the exact size of the puck between Miller and the inside post and just fired a laser.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank