2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Say what you will about Patrick Roy the person, but the one time I can remember meeting him, he blew me off in favour of some Make-A-Wish kid. So he couldn't have been that bad.

Basha - Penguins are cool, kind of like black and white Ewoks. says:

difference between Patrick Roy night and Wendel Clark night

alex... need a little time to wake, wake up says:

you lost in a shootout?

one team honoured the greatest goalie of the past 50 years, and a bonafied legend. The other team honours a player who tried real hard and was a fan favourite.

I'm glad to know that in 20 years, Koivu might get his 11 retired.

clark= 6 30 goal seasons

koivu= 0 30 goal seasons with 5 seasons over 70 games

yeah you fail

the point is, Clark was a fan fav, not a HOFer

330 goals toooooo 175

and clark played 6/7 years on some of the worst teams in nhl history\

you put Clark anywhere else on the Leafs before his injury problems (which started in his 3rd year) and he'd be a 60 goal man

scored 2 goals in back-to-back-to-back-to-back game 7s in the playoffs

scored 46 goals in 64 games in 93/94

beat the fuck out of bob probert and cam neely in fights

*Basha signs off*

So Clark or Koivu people.

I'd take Wendal over Koivu. Both bring leadership to the table, but Wendal brings that competitive attitude that you rarely ever see.

AND the mustache... don't forget the mustache!

Seriously though... I believe Wendell Clark was more important and beneficial to his team than Saku Koivu has been. That's not to say Koivu won't ever get his number raised or honored or whatever... but come on... list the top players for the Leafs and for the Habs... Clark is way closer to the top than Saku Koivu will ever reach.

I turned on the Lightning/Devils game today and saw Karri Ramo in net, and I thought to myself, holy crap, they traded Kolzig. Then they said that Kolzig started the game, and I panicked a little, thinking they'd traded Mike Smith, or were in the midsts of doing so... just five minutes ago I read Smith was just a little hurt, and I felt a whole lot better.

With all the goaltending woes in the NHL right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few key moves in the coming month or two.

Speaking of Turco, kinda...

Brenden Morrow's gone for the rest of the season. There goes Dallas' already shitty year.

FRISCO, Texas - The Dallas Stars could be without captain Brendan Morrow for the rest of the season.

He suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will require surgery. Morrow is expected to be out as long as six months.

The organization believes the 29-year-old forward will make a full recovery.

''We are obviously very disappointed to hear the news about Brenden's knee,'' Stars GM Les Jackson said in a release. ''As our captain, he will obviously be missed, but we have every assurance that he can and will come back from this injury at 100 per cent.

``There is a lot of hockey left to be played this season, and we are confident our team will rally together and keep pushing.''

Morrow was second in team scoring with 15 points (5-10) in 18 games this season.

Dallas recalled veteran forward Landon Wilson from Grand Rapids of the American Hockey League.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256752&lid...s=secStory_main

Edited by Will.

Plubby, here's a list of who and why off the top of my head.

Atlanta: Wants to get rid of Lehtonen so that Pavelec can get some quality time with Johan Hedberg as a solid backup.

Chicago: Needs to dump Huet or Khabibulin to make room for the rumored addition of Michael Nylander, and so that they don't have $12 million in goalies all year.

Dallas: Turco will bounce back... no need to worry about that.

Edmonton: Needs to lose either Garon or Roloson fast, so that Deslauriers can get some decent time as a backup.

Los Angeles: Have a number of goalies, some of whom play well in spurts, and aren't in trouble right now... but adding a legit number one goalie would probably be a good idea.

Montreal: Have been showcasing and looking for a new home for Jaroslav Halak.

Nashville: Ellis isn't cutting it, and Rinne isn't ready to step up full time. A move is possible, warranted, but unlikely.

New Jersey: Will not make the playoffs in a competitive East with a duo of Weekes/Clemmensen.

Ottawa: Auld and Gerber could make a formidable tandem, but if things don't turn around big time soon, there could be a move, and I'd bet on it being in the crease before I'd bet on it being one of the big three.

Vancouver: Roberto Luongo could be out for some time after injuring himself yesterday. We won't know for sure until tomorrow, but it could have him out the whole season, and if they want to make the post-season, Curtis Sanford will not get you there. A one year rental of a number one goalie might be necessary.

Chicago netminder to Nashville for a pick so that they can continue the youth movement.

Lehtonen will end up in Ottawa or LA

Roloson will end up in NJ because I believe he's a free agent at end of season.

Vancouver will take Raycroft in exchange for both of the Sedins.

Chicago netminder to Nashville for a pick so that they can continue the youth movement.

Lehtonen will end up in Ottawa or LA

Roloson will end up in NJ because I believe he's a free agent at end of season.

Vancouver will take Raycroft in exchange for both of the Sedins.

I think Colorado would be short changed if they made that deal! Come on!