2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

I don't know why the Habs and Grabovski all have such hatred for each other... but it's sure going to make the Leafs/Canadiens games much more fun to watch if Grabovski continues to play as well as he has this season.

He probably wasn't happy with the ice time they were giving him. That is why they traded him away. Grabovski didn't want to go down to the Hab's AHL affiliate, so Gainey was forced to move him so he wouldn't jump to the KHL and Montreal would get nothing for him.

Also, I hate that "modernized" Chicago logo someone posted in this thread. That Blackhawks already have the best jerseys in the game and a classic logo, like Montreal and Detroit. You don't do a complete change with those logos. Tweaks are okay, but a complete change is unneccessary.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was just a concept anyway. It's not like it's going to ever be used. And to be honest, I really don't mind it at all.

But why change something that is classic and still looks great? I hate a lot of the logos from the teams that came into the league during the 80's and 90's. Some, like Florida, just look dated and bad, while some look cartoony. Chicago has a great logo. Montreal has a great logo. Toronto too.

I know its just a concept, but I don't see a reason why anyone would want to change the Blackhawk's jerseys.

Also, I hate that "modernized" Chicago logo someone posted in this thread. That Blackhawks already have the best jerseys in the game and a classic logo, like Montreal and Detroit. You don't do a complete change with those logos. Tweaks are okay, but a complete change is unneccessary.

I have never understood why the Indian logo has become so revered as the greatest in all of sports and whatnot. It's pretty cool, but surely now it's just a case of it being popular because it's traditional, rather than popular for looking awesome. I do want a white Blackhawks jersey, they are one of the better uniforms in the league, but yeah, not to sure why it's quite so revered.

As for that update, it's pretty clever, I really like it. If they ever get in trouble like the NCAA teams did for using Native American imagery, that'd definitely be an awesome workaround. Or they could put a big silhouette of a helicopter on the front or something >_>

I have never understood why the Indian logo has become so revered as the greatest in all of sports and whatnot. It's pretty cool, but surely now it's just a case of it being popular because it's traditional, rather than popular for looking awesome. I do want a white Blackhawks jersey, they are one of the better uniforms in the league, but yeah, not to sure why it's quite so revered.

As for that update, it's pretty clever, I really like it. If they ever get in trouble like the NCAA teams did for using Native American imagery, that'd definitely be an awesome workaround. Or they could put a big silhouette of a helicopter on the front or something >_>

I'm not saying the logo is the best. It's classic and has a ton of history. It is good.

I am saying they have the best jerseys in hockey. Simple, yet somehow totally awesome.

It was just a concept anyway. It's not like it's going to ever be used. And to be honest, I really don't mind it at all.

But why change something that is classic and still looks great? I hate a lot of the logos from the teams that came into the league during the 80's and 90's. Some, like Florida, just look dated and bad, while some look cartoony. Chicago has a great logo. Montreal has a great logo. Toronto too.

I know its just a concept, but I don't see a reason why anyone would want to change the Blackhawk's jerseys.

Um, it's a logo, not a jersey design. And why change? There is no proposition to change, it's just a fantasy, concept logo created by someone who has some talent and felt like doing something. And what does this have to do with Florida, or any logos from the '80s or '90s? I think you're overreacting, man. It's a concept LOGO that will never see the light of day in the real NHL. If it ever did, it would be a shoulder logo at most. No one WANTS to change the Blackhawks' jerseys, no one's said that. It's a concept logo, once again made by someone just probably expanding their portfolio. Settle down.

I'm not saying the logo is the best. It's classic and has a ton of history. It is good.

I am saying they have the best jerseys in hockey. Simple, yet somehow totally awesome.

I agree about the Chicago jerseys being awesome. Like you said, they're simple, good coloring, etc.

I just happened to be rather taken by the logo the guy put together. Don't really see how if (and obviously this will never happen) they switched out the head for the new one it would be such a huge deal. Either way is good...but I think it'd make an interesting third jersey choice.

Honestly I'm surprised the 'Hawks have never been forced to change it from the Indian Head. With the way people are today it's really a shock.

Edited by Drifter_2000

Um, it's a logo, not a jersey design. And why change? There is no proposition to change, it's just a fantasy, concept logo created by someone who has some talent and felt like doing something. And what does this have to do with Florida, or any logos from the '80s or '90s? I think you're overreacting, man. It's a concept LOGO that will never see the light of day in the real NHL. If it ever did, it would be a shoulder logo at most. No one WANTS to change the Blackhawks' jerseys, no one's said that. It's a concept logo, once again made by someone just probably expanding their portfolio. Settle down.

I know its only a fan made concept. I just wanted to state my opinion that Chicago shouldn't change.

They won't, ever. They're a part of the holy trinity of hockey: Habs, Red Wings, Blackhawks. In fact, you could even just say the original six is basically a 'holy sextuplet' with changes obviously throughout the hundred or so years, and slight modernizations here and there (I'm looking at you Boston), but the basis of their identitites will never change.

Edited by Will.

Grabovski, lol:

(AP) Head turning rookie Mikhail Grabovski 'sticks it' to his former club last night in Toronto. After lighting up Price all game he was asked about the now infamous butt end incident. "I just wanted to see if he was still fat." replied Mikhail. "He's much leaner now. Good for him."

I was thinking about Edmonton's goaltending situation tonight...

One of their goalies has to go. There's no way around it... and coming into the season, the rationale was probably that Garon would play 60 games or so, and Deslauriers would play the rest, with Roloson being moved somewhere where he could get a chance to play again.

Garon has had a terrible start, and Roloson took over for a bit, but he's started faltering...and now Drouin-Deslauriers has some of the best numbers in the NHL.

I was thinking earlier that it must be hard to try and move Roloson, who's 39 and making far too much money. It would be easier for them to move Garon, and I honestly think that's what they should do. Split the season with Roloson and Deslauriers, and they could probably pick up something decent for Garon.

It's a tough situation, because Garon came to Edmonton and revitalized his career, showing that he can be a number one guy... but I think that a tandem consisting of veteran Dwayne Roloson and rookie Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers is probably the best option for the team, all things considered. They can re-sign Roloson for less money at the end of the season, and over the coming years, as Deslauriers is settling into his number one spot, Roloson's game time can gradually decrease.

I just wanted to see what others thought.

I think that's probably the best bet. There are a lot of teams right now who could use a goalie, mostly in the east and Edmonton could get some decent players for Garon. Roloson maybe not so much, but who knows. Either of them is more useful on the market then as the third stringer.

Then Edmonton's got the problem of Dubnyk if Deslauriers becomes number one. If Dubnyk develops like he should and Deslauriers develops too it's only so long before a 1A, 1B situation comes up again and Edmonton's in the same mess they're in now. I don't think Deslaursiers should be relied on so much to be your number one guy eventually just because he's been playing well a quarter of the way through a season, so I think you're jumping the gun a bit there on saying that Garon ought to go. Deslauriers is good, but I think calling him a potential #1 guy is a bit much at the moment. However, I will agree that there's no way that any team's going to take Roloson. If the Oilers do end up trading Garon, they're going to be hard-pressed to find a team in need of a goalie me thinks. Maybe LA again, but that would just be shitty for Garon. If things are the same come January or February I'd agree, but we're barely a month into the season and Garon can easily be a legitimate number one guy. He's finally been given the chance to do so now, but you can't make a judgement call after only a month.

Edited by Will.