2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..no, I don't...that's why I don't agree with the decision.

*is very confused by your post*

You said that Granato isn't an idiot... I just pointed out that he's going to pull an idiot move by fucking with the harmony and creating an issue in net, where there really shouldn't be one.

Budaj has played well for the Avs, in his limited role...Raycroft has already fumbled the ball when he was given the chance to be a number one guy. Tony Granato is setting a fire here, and if it gets out of hand, they won't have an extinguisher nearby.

Okay, so, you name a guy a starter at the start of a year. Then you announce that you are thinking of splitting their starts about one to one. Then you give your previously named starter two straight nights off for one of the most inconsistent, overrated, and overpaid goalies around.

Sounds like something an idiot would do.

Some weeks it will turn out to be one to one, I would imagine. I guess technically that is correct.

However I would expect the starting range to vary between 3-2 and 2-1. It isn't like he's being ignored; Budaj started three straight. In the first week, Budaj outstarted Raycroft 3-1 - a far cry from your 1-1 hyperbole.

You can't look at this and say that he's fucking with the goalies, Budaj can sit two straight and still be number one. As much as I'd like to pretend that they didn't, the first three games of the year DID happen, and Budaj got the start in all of them.

Hate to be the guy upholding the law here, but please remember that you're not allowed to tell people how to obtain something illegal. :)

Oh, fuck off. Wasn't given any explicit links in the thread, and I've never been told off for mentioning uTorrent or anything or that nature before. Christ.

Not happy with Raycroft starting, but hey, we're winning.

I think I've been fairly good about the officials so far this season... but come on. Steve MacIntyre takes a long distance run at Dustin Boyd and hits him in the numbers. No call on that. Brandon Prust, who gives up 70 pounds to the guy, fights him... we get the instigator, and the whole thing turns around the game for Edmonton.

I won't say the officials directly fucked us over... we did that ourselves. 15 minutes of shitty hockey will earn you a loss, and we deserved it tonight... but they need to call shit like that. Not only was it charging, but it was directly into the numbers on the back of his sweater.

On the plus side... we played about 40 minutes of great hockey, Kiprusoff continues to find his form, and Todd Bertuzzi remains on pace for 82 goals.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2008020063

Andrew Raycroft stopped 26 shots to improve to 2-0, matching last season's victory total when Raycroft went 2-9-5 for Toronto.

"I'm on a much better team than I was on last year," Raycroft said. "Scoring five goals a game makes my life much easier."

Take THAT, Toronto!

I miss the NHL so bad... Turkey gıves me NO outlets of watching any hockey... I could hope some sort of CenterIce online or somethıng to watch online would be good but still I dont have internet at my house yet... Not to mention I hate these keyboards... I cant even fınd a comma fuck...

Not only do I not get to watch hockey but I came here to play hockey and I havent hıt the ice yet :angry: I mean we went to go skate and coach little kids but that was the poorest excuse for an ice surface Ive ever seen.. but its better then nothing I suppose...

But if anyone has any advice on how I mıght be able to watch hockey online from over here PLEASE help! we can be BFFLs lıke that old chıck and Rose

Oh ya check how funny of a list Im on... quite ridiculous

http://www.eurohockey.net/transfers/last_7_days.html

for those of you who dont know my last name ıs Konnick and its alphabetical... theres actually some quite dirty players on there... one of whıch ıs Brad Isbıster one of my favorite guys to watch... I was bitter he bailed on Ottawa because we couldve seen hım In Bınghamton but Im not there so fuck ıt he can do as he pleases

Montreal rocked Phoenix last night to the tune of 4-1. The Kostitsyn hit was brutal, but legal, he had his head down and it was simply incredibly unfortunate, but how bout the team sticking up for him afterwards. Sergei starts taking runs, Kosto loses another fight, but does so for the right reasons and Laraque absolutely D-STROYS some poor fucker.

4-1 on some really pretty goals. How bout that Latendresse-Koivu-Tanguay line, they combined for 6 more points last night. They're off to a great start as one of the better lines.... 5 games into the season haha. Take it all with a grain of salt at this point.

From what I understand Sergei will take his brother's place on the Kovalev line.

Toronto needs to simplify on the powerplay. It's pretty sad. Instead of getting fancy at the halfboards and behind the net, lets just get the puck to the point, bodies to the net, and hammer the puck on goal.

The Grabovski - Hagman - Kulemin line looked good, although they seem to have trouble actually scoring. They can create chances, but don't have the finish needed to score.

I was originally going to give the Leafs the win in tomorow's game, but since the Ducks are coming to T.O. with another loss, the last thing they'll try is losing to the Leafs, lets just hope its a Rangers type of loss and not a Montreal beating. Oh and I love the lack of minutes Poni is getting, the less I see of him the better...thank you Ron Wilson. One final note, Schenn's 9 games are getting near the end, and I do hope we keep him, I don't think the minors would help in the development department in comparison to now plus I do believe he's been one of our top 4 defencemen.

Edited by Laice07

I was originally going to give the Leafs the win in tomorow's game, but since the Ducks are coming to T.O. with another loss, the last thing they'll try is losing to the Leafs, lets just hope its a Rangers type of loss and not a Montreal beating. Oh and I love the lack of minutes Poni is getting, the less I see of him the better...thank you Ron Wilson. One final note, Schenn's 9 games are getting near the end, and I do hope we keep him, I don't think the minors would help in the development department in comparison to now plus I do believe he's been one of our top 4 defencemen.

If they can keep giving Schenn the minutes he is getting now (he leads all rookies in ice time with over 21 minutes per game), then they should keep him. Staying with the Leafs and playing good minutes would help him learn how to defend against the best in the world. Ron Wilson consistently had him out against Sidney Crosby last game, and I didn't see Schenn get beat.

If he wasn't getting ice time or doing well, I would say send him back. But he is getting the opportunity to learn how to play NHL hockey, and doing well. I say we keep him unless he gets exposed in the next 4 games and stops getting the minutes.