2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

I think Toronto will always cause problems for Montreal regardless of how good either team is. It's just the ways of the universe.

But something to consider. Last season, when Toronto was cast off from the playoff picture, they had "nothing" to play for right? I'm sure everyone remembers how they suddenly were competing at a high level because there was zero expectation.

This entire season is supposed to be a wash for Toronto, just get through it so we can do better next year. With absolutely no real expectations... I wouldn't be surprised for Toronto to surprise a lot of people. I wouldn't say they're going to finish in the top 7, but they looked good for a team thats supposed to suck.

So 1h 55 min until my beloved Habs take the ice for their 100th season... I am so excited... I really can't wait for tomorrow, if we win tonight I want to CRUSH Toronto tomorrow. If we lose tonight I want to CRUSH Toronto tomorrow. Either way, I want Montreal to win by at least 4 goals against Toronto just for the early season ego boost :P

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grapehead

Not a very fun night for me, watching Chicago lose, and not to mention Washington losing to the friggin Thrashers! Atleast my fantasy players got their bit done tonight for me.

Guest thekotesman

I'll reserve judgement on the Bruins until I see them play Montreal, but I'm confident.

Not like our offense is great or our defense isn't suspect. Just.. I'm confident? :shifty:

I'll reserve judgement on the Bruins until I see them play Montreal, but I'm confident.

Not like our offense is great or our defense isn't suspect. Just.. I'm confident? :shifty:

A healthy Patrice Bergeron means a lot to that team, and if Manny Fernandez can come back strong too, then the Bruins won't struggle to enter the playoffs. They will be safely in the playoffs and maybe closing in on the division leaders.

The Caps got what they deserved for signing Theo.

Our D fucking sucked against Boston

Who was that wearing Detroits uniforms? That GWG was NOT the super-giant-doggy-sized giveaway that wins you cups.

Who was that in Nucks jerseys actually scoring goals? I know its only Calgary, who pretty much stink, but still.

A few jumbled thoughts on the season so far.

Unless you have a subscription to NASN, you're pretty much SOL. NASN is ace though, they show lots of games, even if it does tend to be a Penguins/Ducks/Wings/Sens-fest, and also NHL on the Fly. Otherwise, I get my fix from nhl.com which has tons of highlights, and there's an nhl.tv site as well, dunno if it's any good though as I haven't tried it.

Oh, and for this weekend only, the GameCenter thing is available as a free trial, although I'm not sure if it's just a North American thing or accesible by Europe too.

EDIT: I'm guessing five will do their usual thing of showing a game on a Wednesday night when they run out of baseball to cover.

Edited by Dragsy

Move to fucking Denver then, God ¬_¬

Well, I could possibly help you with a stream but that would be about as much as I could do, so let me know if you are interested and I can try and help you through sorting it all out.

Otherwise, I can help you look for places to live in Denver but can't spend a penny on you ¬_¬