2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how much they paid him. I can't believe we let him go. Not sure I like the choice of coach either, especially looking at who we could have gotten.

And dammit, I want a third jersey, I don't own an Avs sweater yet, and with theose bloody apron strings, I'm not likely to soon.

Montreal's young guys continue to look really really fucking good. Yanick Weber looks amazing, so does Max Pac, he definitely looks like the type of power forward Latendresse is supposed to be.... only this one is talented. It should be a great year in Montreal with the depth we have. Also, every time that Brother Andre, Pleks and Kovalev are on the ice, the other team freaks out. It's awesome, they've got a bit of a mental edge with their intimidating play and rep. It's like when Spezza, Heater and Alfy played together.

Clawson, I think you're the last person... ever who should be talking about being a homer. Sorry if our rookies are awesome to watch, and you've got Schenn and Finger to pin your hopes on.

Montreal and Detroit tonight, both should be playing mostly complete rosters so it'll be a little more fun to watch. I forgot how much I effing love hockey.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

Except you know I'm not a homer because I'm not running around gushing about fringe players that would be fringe players on other teams. I'll admit I love Dommy Moore and Boyd Deveraux but you don't hear me hyping them up big time like you do. And really comparing your first line to Ottawa's first line the past couple of years is the biggest joke in any NHL thread ever.

Spezza>>Plekanec

Heatley>>>>>>>>"Brother Andrei"

Cunt Muppet>Kovalev

I wasn't comparing the two lines for stats, I was comparing the fact that they're both fantastically exciting lines to watch.

IAceI is completely right, it's impossible to enjoy any sort of discussion in this thread because of people like Clawson. At least when SeanDMan and Godfather post, they do more than just fucking whine and attack others.

Montreal and Detroit played an amazingly fun game to watch last night. 2 points. 1, Max Pac needs.... NEEDS to be on the team. Wow he's awesome to watch! 2. Price's save... greatest save ever haha.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

I wasn't comparing the two lines for stats, I was comparing the fact that they're both fantastically exciting lines to watch.

IAceI is completely right, it's impossible to enjoy any sort of discussion in this thread because of people like Clawson. At least when SeanDMan and Godfather post, they do more than just fucking whine and attack others.

Montreal and Detroit played an amazingly fun game to watch last night. 2 points. 1, Max Pac needs.... NEEDS to be on the team. Wow he's awesome to watch! 2. Price's save... greatest save ever haha.

Discussion? You want to talk about discussion? The day you acknowledge Montreal has a flaw is the day pigs start divebombing the Vatican with their own shit.

That Carey Price save was amazing. I liked his explanation of how he did it too. He said he just closed his eyes and swung away.

Toronto plays tonight. I wonder if Luke Schenn is going to continue his strong play. He is making it harder and harder for the coaching staff to send him back to the WHL.

3 Flames games on television in 5 nights. Color me excited.

If last night's game showed any indication of what kind of team we're going to have this year, then I'm fucking stoked. There were some glaring errors, but I love what they're doing, and I think it's going to make it harder for a lot of people to not pick them to win the Northwest this year.

Langer, Bert and Iggy looked great together last night, despite not netting any themselves... but the focus on keeping them off the scoreboard opened up the floodgates for Boyd/Glencross/Moss, who are exactly what we need in a third line.

I've heard rumblings of Boyd fighting for the spot as 13th forward, and I think that's garbage. The line he's been playing on should be the Flames third line this season.

I'm more excited this year about the offense than last season... the defense is still the same core, add in Giordano and an extra year of experience for our young guys, and I'm happy there. McElhinney played a good game last night, and I'm comfortable with him as backup. The only real question mark on the team is how long it's going to take Kiprusoff to find his groove this year.

I'm watching a little bit of Metallurg vs. the Rangers, and it has been pretty even. It's 1-0 for Metallurg, but it has been tightly fought. There is some hitting too, with Gomez eating a shove right to the face.

Awwwwwwwww, damn. I went on TSN.ca to check out how the baseball games were going, and the game was just spoiled for me. :(

Bwahahahahahaha! St. Louis scored 11 seconds into the game! Now it's 2-0, and St. Louis has only taken 2 shots.

Edited by Toe