2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is out there? I've heard about Biron and Fernandez, and I assume Kolzig (unless he's retired?) and Gerber, but who else?

Off the top of my head... guys who might be available for one reason or another...

Jean-Sebastian Giguere

Kari Lehtonen

Manny Fernandez

Mikael Tellqvist

Nikolai Khabibulin (if Chicago doesn't move Huet)

Cristobal Huet (if Chicago keeps Khabibulin)

Dwayne Roloson

Craig Anderson

Josh Harding (I believe he's a Free Agent this year or next... and with Backstrom's contract renewal, he'll probably want to play somewhere else).

Scott Clemensen

Stephen Valiquette

Martin Biron

Manny Legace

Roberto Luongo

Jose Theodore

Giggy and Theodore I believe have lost their jobs as starters with their clubs, to younger goaltenders in Jonas Hiller and Simeon Varlamov. I would be VERY surprised if Varlamov isn't given the opportunity to carry the team at the beginning of the season.

Lehtonen and Fernandez have both been pretty much pegged to leave their teams for awhile now.

Tellqvist, Anderson, Harding, Clemensen and Valiquette are backups who would die for an opportunity to take the reigns somewhere.

Chicago can only afford to keep one of their goalies... with Kane and Toews do up next year for contracts.

Roloson would be smart to try and get a spot with a winning team, for a chance to play for the Cup again before he retires. Detroit anyone?

With Emery coming into Philly, Biron's a free agent.

Legace is done in St. Louis. They waived him at the end of the season, and he was not happy.

Luongo... is a long shot... but the Canucks have some tough decisions to make this summer, and he may be a casualty of those decisions, especially if they find that they can get a better return for him, than for other potential pieces.

The rangers signed their AHL goalie.. I think they have high hopes of him backing up lundqvist, which would make Valiquette available, however.. i think they might try and sign him for one more year.

The islanders have 3 goalies looking to have the #1 spot. If I'm snow, i'm dealing out one of them.. (hopefully, ricki)

Edited by thisgamewelose

The problem with DiPietro, is his contract is far too much for someone who gets injured so often. It's a huge risk, that nobody is in a position to have to take. Not with a goaltender's market like we'll see this summer. If someone needs a starter, there are plenty available in Free Agency or through Trades.

They've gotten nowhere with Lehtonen, he of the oft wounded groin/knee/feelings.

They actually talked about moving him at the Deadline, to give Pavelec the playing time. They see Lehtonen as a failed experiment, and Pavelec's best chance at taking the reigns as a number one is to seize them. Moving Lehtonen gives him that opportunity.

Two periods down, and Maxime Talbot has been all the offence. His line has been out there trying to shut down the Wings top line, but they have instead provided all the scoring. Of course, the two goal lead is the worst lead in hockey, so the third period could see some fireworks.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Sidney Crosby is the greatest sporting legend in history.

He got hurt and still dressed with the rest of the team! What inner fortitude he displayed!

A great finish that mirrors the clincher last year. They were out of the playoffs at one point during the season and now are the Stanley Cup champions. You almost want to see one more finals between these two with the winner coming at home. The Penguins have been a great team over the last two seasons and deserve to win, just as much as the Red Wings deserved to win it last season.

Crosby is the youngest captain to hoist the Stanley Cup and he was a solid performer throughout the playoffs.

Rob Scuderi got the Cup and yelled "Fuckin' yeah!" right into a microphone. Awesome.

I have one thing to say.

lol marian hossa

I'm still bitter about Bryan Berard's eye, so that's awesome.

Bwahaha. Nice!

I am actually happy to see Pittsburgh win this time. Last year I was more on the Red Wings side, but its great to see this Penguins team get their Cup win. Now, they can step aside for the Leafs. :shifty:

I have one thing to say.

lol marian hossa

I'm still bitter about Bryan Berard's eye, so that's awesome.

Bwahaha. Nice!

I am actually happy to see Pittsburgh win this time. Last year I was more on the Red Wings side, but its great to see this Penguins team get their Cup win. Now, they can step aside for the Hawks. :shifty:

FIXED.

Okay CBC, let's get one thing straight.

Sidney Crosby disappeared during the finals. He was nowhere to be seen at all. His teammates picked up their game and won the Finals despite their Captain somehow confusing himself with Dany Heatley or any other Ottawa Senator during the playoffs. Oh wait...oops, Jason Spezza and any other Ottawa Senator during the playoffs.

SO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW US HIM EVERY FUCKING 30 SECONDS DURING THE CELEBRATION WHEN THE GUYS WHO ACTUALLY BROUGHT THE CUP TO PITTSBURGH WERE NOWHERE TO BE FUCKING SEEN? FUCK.

Edited by Clawson

Okay CBC, let's get one thing straight.

Sidney Crosby disappeared during the finals. He was nowhere to be seen at all. His teammates picked up their game and won the Finals despite their Captain somehow confusing himself with Dany Heatley or any other Ottawa Senator during the playoffs. Oh wait...oops, Jason Spezza and any other Ottawa Senator during the playoffs.

SO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW US HIM EVERY FUCKING 30 SECONDS DURING THE CELEBRATION WHEN THE GUYS WHO ACTUALLY BROUGHT THE CUP TO PITTSBURGH WERE NOWHERE TO BE FUCKING SEEN? FUCK.

Seriously Clawson? He's the face of the franchise and the guy they want to be the face of the league.

Great for Bill Guerin to get another Cup victory, its the closest the Islanders are getting anytime soon.