2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sweetest thing about the Bozak signing that Ottawa wanted him so badly. And we got him. Fucking right.

The most amusing part is how many Senators fans were squealing about how wonderful Bozak was, and how much he'd add to their middle.

Once the announcement came that he signed with the Leafs there was a barrage of: "Well, at least he'll make up for that lost fourth rounder."

Sens fans are adorable. :blush:

Now let's see if Burkie signs on any more NCAA guys. Maybe Gilroy?

Help you guys win games? Keep the other team from running up the score to 8 goals? Hold down his liquor?

Help you guys win games? Keep the other team from running up the score to 8 goals? Hold down his liquor?

Luke Schenn could drink the Sedin Twins under the table...while simultaneously bodychecking people through walls, eating four dozen chicken-wings and getting digits.

He's actually pretty small for a guy who plays his style of hockey.

Schenn isn't going to single-handedly win anyone a Stanley Cup by any means... but he's a future Captain. He's a solid stay at home defenseman who will very rarely let you down even in his rookie season. I look at him and see a Scott Stevens type of guy.

Look what Stevens did for the Devils. Get Schenn a Niedermayer-type and you're set on the back end.

I like what Burkie's doing right now. He's signed two highly touted Collegiate players already, and he's negotiating with two more. He has a list of guys he wants from Free Agency, and he wants the team to be good next season, without sacrificing the future.

According to TSN, he's willing to think about $6 million each for the Sedin's, Cammalleri, Bouwmeester and Gaborik. He won't spend THAT much money, but he clearly knows what he wants to do, and anyone who gets approached by Burke this summer is going to have to think long and hard about their answer, because Toronto, with Burke behind the reigns, looks like a place to be.

Collegiate players are always a risk. The talent level at the college level is so varied and random from year to year and team to team. Those guys are likely farm players projected right now.

And I still don't get the Schenn = Future Leader deal, but okay.

And I still don't get the Schenn = Future Leader deal, but okay.

How many Leaf games do you watch? Luke is always stepping up for his teammates when they get run, even against guys like Chris Neil and Jared Boll. He's a guy who has never backed down from a challenge from guys that are better fighters than him. Then after the Buffalo game there was an interview with Dominic Moore who said that Schenn was one of the best leaders in the Leafs dressing room as a 19 year old.

Dude could be Captain next year if the Leafs wanted.

I'd rather see Kubina wear the "C" next year, but that's just me.

Not a fan of young captains, especially ones who aren't even twenty years old yet. Give Schenn a bit more time to mature and then think about putting him in the role of Captain. Let's focus on developing the kid's talent, instead of heaping more onto his plate.

That's because it was a late hit. At least when Toronto blew us out earlier in the year we had the decency to not go after their star players. Montreal destroyed Toronto all over the ice, it was like playing against children. Kubina is a bitch for trying to jump on Laraque while he was fighting someone who got their shit totally ruined. Oh wow was that a huge shot to the face... I do not envy that guy. I'm pretty sure Kubina should have gotten a 3rd man in penalty... Y'know for blatantly being the 3rd man in...

Gerber also had a little freak out, trying to slash Pleks then butt ending him with his stick right after. Maybe if he focused on the play instead of the player he might have had a chance at stopping that puck.

Tonight was a great win, but the lack of character from the Toronto players really bothered me. It's upsetting when a team that has nothing to play for decides that they're going to try and take a top 8 team down with them through cheap and dangerous play.

Also, when the player then gets kicked out of the game, and has 16 PIms to show for it. It wasn't a clean hit. It was a dirty hit on a star player from a 4th line Habs cut who can't control his emotions.

Grabs, after his idiotic slash on Plekanec, then got 2 for boarding and a game for his hit on Markov

If you get a penalty Clawson.... it ain't clean. So heads explode because some fringe player with a bad attitude injured the best player on a playoff team.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

Before opening his post, I predict Basha is bitching about the hit being dirty and possibly late as well.

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES! I love how utterly predictable Basha is, it's like he's a clockwork figure we can wind up and hear spout the same shit over and over again.

Edited by Colin Belaney

Grabovski always plays dumb against the Canadiens. That and his retard drop passes makes me dislike him.

Getting Bozak and Hanson from college and maybe more is one way Burke is quickly "restocking the cupboards". Gilroy sounds like a good player, so if we can add him to the team, we suddenly have three decent prospects in the system where, 2 weeks ago, we didn't.

Right well a boarding call and a misconduct agree with me fool. But we can ignore what happened when we don't like it right? I thought you were ignoring me after you utterly embarassed yourself a few months back anyways.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

They gave him the Misconduct because they knew the Habs would go after that "fringe player" who would be 4th in scoring for your illustrious team. Everyone who isn't a Habs fan that has seen the hit has called it a clean hit, and that any injury from it was Markov turning himself into the boards afterwards.

And did you even notice Plekanec throwing an elbow at Gerber before that slash. Jesus Christ, can anybody take you seriously when you can't remove your rose-coloured glasses when it comes to anything?

I'm not gonna even touch that comment about Toronto being dirty, because you just can't get it through your head that Montreal can do anything wrong. It's like trying to masterbate drunk, fucking impossible.

And where was Basha during that period of time when Montreal couldn't hit the broadside of the barn? You can chirp Leaf fans all you want, but we stick it out in here even though our team is shit.

So all of Montreal's dirty hits from behind, and slew footing, and injuring Mike Van Ryn (twice, I believe) is alright? They don't lack character when they slam into people right on the numbers, or slew foot them into the boards?Or throwing 'stealthy' little elbows at goaltenders on their way by? I see...that makes total sense. :/

I'm agreeing with Clawson on this one...while the Habs were being booed out of their own building everything seemed quiet on the French Canadian front. Now it looks like they may actually squeak into the playoffs and they all crawl out of the wood work again. <_<

Why even bother? Basha was like this before he disappeared, and you knew he would be like this if he came back...everyone except Basha knows that Montreal has taken over from teams like Philly as the dirtiest in the league, no point even bothering with Basha on that one...