2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

Guest Mr. Potato Head
The Leafs are trying to flip Gerber?

Oh, and I love that sig, Be.

Between that and the Moore to Chicago rumours, I think somebody likes having fun with the Toronto media.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Leafs are trying to flip Gerber?

Oh, and I love that sig, Be.

Between that and the Moore to Chicago rumours, I think somebody likes having fun with the Toronto media.

The Senators could barely give Gerber away. I don't see Toronto moving him.

The Antropov deal is for a 2nd rounder and a conditional pick from what's been reported. No idea on the conditions, or what round that particular pick is for. Not overly fond of this deal, but it's better than nothing especially considering Nik's UFA status.

Moore deal with Chicago is nearly dead in the water. Burke pushed for more and Chicago decided to explore other options instead.

Ponikarovsky to Nashville for two picks is another one that's floating around. Good be a good deal, maybe a 3rd and a 4th.

So all in all we've (from what's been revealed, which I expect will be everything) ended up with...

- Two second round picks

- One conditional pick of some kind

- UFA goalie to fill in for Toskala

- Fill in d-man with some toughness.

That's actually better than I thought we'd end up with.

I have a fairly large hard on for Morris, but even so... what the fuck?

I'm happy with these moves. I didn't want to see Moore get big money and Antropov has hit his peak. By not signing them, we are saving money for the free agent market this summer and we added some picks that should be turned into good prospects. I want Toronto to look into adding some good forwards in this draft.

I am going to be a Nik Antropov fan for awhile still.

Edited by Toe

I'm happy with these moves. I didn't want to see Moore get big money and Antropov has hit his peak. By not signing them, we are saving money for the free agent market this summer and we added some picks that should be turned into good prospects. I want Toronto to look into adding some good forwards in this draft.

Agreed 100%. We actually have some draft picks going into the draft this year. Burke relieved us of two free agents that he wasn't willing to pay the money they wanted, and ended up getting flexibility at the draft for them. Who's to say Burke won't package some players together with the picks he acquired to get us a few first rounders? Or use them to bump up our first round pick.

For the first time in a long time we have options for the draft. Would have been nice to get a first for Antropov, but at least we got something. Moore for Carolina's second rounder is total profit since we got him from the waiver wire. Win-win on that deal IMO.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

...wait, Clawson was serious.

Um, alright. Petiot wasn't anything fancy, and the Leafs got a fourth-round pick out of it. Plus Jamie Heward returns to Toronto after about 15 years, and Kolzig proves that Burkie is working on the JP Ricciardi Starting Rotation theory for his goaltenders.