2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price for Jokinen was far too high to justify the deal.

Worse even, is that they still have to move someone from the roster because they're not under the cap yet. So that's at least one more guy on his way out.

Oh and it gets worse... now Cammalleri is gone almost for sure on July 1st, Adrian Aucoin might be on his way out, and we may not be able to give Bertuzzi the raise he deserves, so he'll probably be gone too.

This was just a bad hockey deal for Calgary.

I know Pierre and the panel like Jokinen coming over, but they're not thinking past Spring.

Next year's team is going to be a crapshoot now. Fuck.

If they lose Aucoin, then I don't see the point in getting Leopold. They lose the depth they just added.

We still have Anders Eriksson and Rhett Warrener in the AHL.

With the amount of injuries to our forwards, I expect that anyone else on the way out today is likely to be a defenseman... and Aucoin's a UFA at the end of the year, so sending him and a pick to a lesser team for a guy half his price is probably what's going to happen.

So if Cammalleri comes to Toronto, would you give him 13?

Nope. He can pull a Kubina and get a new number. If his asking price this summer is going to be what people expect it to be, I am not sure I want Cammalleri in Toronto. He won't be able to reproduce his numbers without good linemates. I can almost guarantee that. Even in LA he has Frolov, Kopitar and Brown, and he still wasn't producing at this level.

So if Cammalleri comes to Toronto, would you give him 13?

Nope. He can pull a Kubina and get a new number. If his asking price this summer is going to be what people expect it to be, I am not sure I want Cammalleri in Toronto. He won't be able to reproduce his numbers without good linemates. I can almost guarantee that. Even in LA he has Frolov, Kopitar and Brown, and he still wasn't producing at this level.

You can probably get Cammy and a linemate for less than the cost of the Sedins.

Cammalleri is also much grittier and tougher to contain than the Sedins, despite being (I think) smaller than they are.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Mark Recchi to Boston, Pierre McGuire is ecstatic.

Gord Miller just beats me to the punch on suggesting Recchi has the record for deadline deals. <_<

Ughh.

My friend Jon is suggesting that since Schenn isn't a goal scorer, he doesn't have a place on the Leafs. I don't think he understands hockey.

A hockey team is like a good pencil.

You definitely need to be able to write, or score, as it would be... but sometimes when you're writing, you make a mistake... and that's when you need your eraser.

Mark Recchi to Boston is an awesome move. The Bruins, if they can get out of their slump, are going to be a very dangerous team.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Ughh.

My friend Jon is suggesting that since Schenn isn't a goal scorer, he doesn't have a place on the Leafs. I don't think he understands hockey.

Well Martin Gerber isn't a goal scorer, and he doesn't really have a place on the Leafs, so it's not like Jon's totally wrong.