2008/2009 Hockey Thread v2.0

Clawson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though it ended up being a lot closer than it had to be a win is a win and thats 10 in our last 12 if I'm not mistaken. Now all we need is for Boston to peak and fail like Ottawa did last year and we can take #1 again haha. But seriously a second or 3rd round series against Boston would be awesome, especially considering that except for a short period in the early 90s we've always... Always beat Boston in the playoffs. I believe we're like 27 of 32 series lifetime

Be is right. The Islanders have just been shit on by some sort of higher power for the last...ten years?

I bet if DiPietro was on another team, he would not be hurt as much as he is now.

I also agree with Basha on the need for a Boston / Montreal playoff series.

My poor Islanders desperately need to get the #1 overall pick in the draft. Tavares could be a great bargaining chip in their battle to upgrade their facilities. The notion of them moving to Kansas City makes me cringe. I'd be less upset about a move to Saskatoon, as it'll mean a great fanbase will be replaced with another great fan base, but a move to Kansas City sounds like another Phoenix Coyotes debacle.

On another note, I should be going to my first ever NHL game, Bruins vs Canadiens in April. Woo.

Fuck yes, the Avs worked out how to score.

They played hard and earned their win last night.

The Flames beat San Jose last week, and then just stopped trying. In the game against Phoenix, we had a burst in the 3rd period where we almost broke the game open, but that was it.

Mike Keenan needs to bust out his whip and get these guys going again.

That Bruins/Habs game should be awesome. Especially if Montreal closes the gap and they're playing for Eastern Supremacy, it'll be a barnburner.

So Koivu, Price, Higgins and Laraque are ready to return all within a week apparently. The problem now becomes, where is there space for them... I wouldn't dare break up the Sergei - Lang - Andrei line. It's pure money. Andrei is 7 goals in his last 7 games. Sergei has like 10 points in 6 games, and Lang just keeps feeding Andrei for assists. I also wouldn't break up the Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopolous line. Hardest working line in the NHL.

Heck no.

I still like the Leafs. It is just hard to watch. They are not even competitive at times. The last game and the Nashville game were both incredibly depressing. I am still excited for the trade deadline.

And, if I was going to cheer for another team, it would be Columbus.