EWB'S Top 40 Anime RESULTS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I approve of 50% of this section. :shifty: Claymore's horribly overrated (Anime-Source.com voted it their favourite anime of 2007 over the likes of Code Geass and TTGL...what? But then, there isn't an anime series in existance that they don't adore on that website), One Piece is One Piece and Fate/Stay Night I simply haven't seen to be able to comment.

Ranma, Cromartie and Laputa are love. I've been meaning to rewatch Cromartie for a couple of weeks now.

I've never watched Cromartie and haven't watched Ranma in its entirety. I'll hopefully be doing both soon.

Basically, the first three seasons of the anime are fantastic and then everything after that point is incredibly hit or miss. Sometimes you get awesome stuff and then sometimes you get episodes like the one where they decided to do the "the Principal is Kuno's father" reveal out of the actual arc that did it in the manga. By which I mean they opted to do one long, excruciating episode of over-the-top LOL THE KUNOS ARE STUPID LOL jokes, because the anime liked taking the characters' faults from the manga and taking them to eleven.

What is people's problem with Eureka 7? It's a fine show, sure it's not revolutionary nor is it going to make any huge lasting impact but it's got some interesting premises plus robots. I love robots. To summarize, eat it if you don't like robots and killy things. :@

Eureka 7 is brilliantly average.

That's the best description I have for it.

AND NOW!! More anime. This time number, wait, 31 to, what? We already did 31. Well, we did, but it was a 3-way tie, so here's the end of that tie. We're only having 4 this time, we'll end at 26. Well, a tie for 27. But that takes 26 out of the equation and leaves us with 25 to start the next part of the list. And, yes, I failed to realize Love Hina too was part of this wonderful tie, that's why it wasn't part of the previous post.

#31 -- Love Hina

lovehinakz8.jpg

(12 points)

#28 -- Elfen Lied

elfenliedce5.jpg

(13 points)

#27 -- Yu Yu Hakusho

yuyuhakushoyr8.jpg

(14 points)

#27 -- Soul Eater

souleateron1.jpg

(14 points)

Edited by damshow

Love Hina's anime is such a step down from the manga. I never finished either, but the manga was... well... remarkably better.

QFT.

It's the archetype of archetypal harem anime. Not the original, but the foundation for so many that followed.

Here's 25-21, our midway point. After this I'll be gone for a week, so no updates. Consider this the end of Code EWB: List of the Anime R1, Code EWB: List of the Anime R2 will start soon enough.

#25 -- Byousoku 5 Centimeter

byousoku5centimeterxe3.jpg

(15 points)

#25 -- Porco Rosso

porcorossotm1.jpg

(15 points)

#25 -- Kimagure Orange Road

kimagureorangeroadtu1.jpg

(15 points)

#22 -- Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040

bubblegumcrisisqy1.jpg

(16 points)

#21 -- Lupin III

lupiniiirv6.jpg

(18 points)

...ok, thats wierd. NONE of the Animes I voted for have shown up. Sakura, at the very least, had 15 points.

damshow, wassupwitdat?

This is very true. I've also doubled-checked that no one else voted for CCS (in case it got more than 18 points) and they didn't, so it should appear on the list with exactly 15 points, courtesy of Mr. Ace.

Shenanigans~! :shifty: