Spider-Man 4...and maybe 5...News

TGC

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggh.

I recently watched Spidey 1, 2 & 3 back to back.

Three is awful. It's an abortion. I honestly, honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy that movie.

I've come to hate Tobey Maguire, I hate Kirsten Dunce.

Just, ugh.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Lizard being a villain in one of these, or both of them... but I really want to see the resurrection of Norman Osborne. A pissed off and more vicious Goblin looking to avenge his son's death (even though Harry sacrificed himself), would make for a hell of a villain. Especially when the first movie, which was Goblin Vs Spidey, is easily the best of the bunch thus far.

The only problem with that is an overdose of the same storyline throughout the whole series. We had 1 be the story between Peter and Norman, and then 2 and 3 were spent building the relationship between Harry and Peter and Harry's search for vengeance against Spiderman over his father's death. To have Norman return to take vengeance for his son's death just keeps the same story going, albeit with different characters, motives (so-to-speak), and states of mind.

Still, the storyline itself has been driven into the ground. I just wish Marvel could reboot the whole franchise and start over fresh with the story in their own film studio, but there's no way Sony's letting go of this cash cow. Suck though S3 did, a shitload of people saw it, bought the DVD, and made those guys a whole lot of money. Chances are, they'll be able to repeat that, regardless of how good the movie actually is.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Raimi back is fine, but I was totally done with Maguire after 3... he looked terrible in the movie and it didn't help that the movie itself sucked ass. The only thing saving that movie was Topher Grace and he got a whopping twelve minutes of screen time - if there's any hope for these movies, you gotta bring back Venom in 4 and bring Carnage in for 5.

I just think the whole black suit was handled poorly, with Parker changing his hair and everything and becoming some lame douche. I am excited for the 4th film. I just hope Maguire can play Spidey like he did in the first two films and not like he did in the third.

I still want the film of Venom VS Lizard VS Spider-Man, simply for the comparison:

Lizard: Got powers but doesn't want them

Venom: Got powers and enjoys them

Spider-Man: Got powers, doesn't want them but feels it is his responsibility to use them.

The Lizard/Venom face-off alone could be immense if they went whole hog.

I just think the whole black suit was handled poorly, with Parker changing his hair and everything and becoming some lame douche. I am excited for the 4th film. I just hope Maguire can play Spidey like he did in the first two films and not like he did in the third.

they turned Spidey into an Emo, and a bad one at that!

According to the Hollywood Reporter, "Sony also has stepped up developing the 'Spider-Man' spinoff 'Venom,' first recruiting writer Jacob Estes to draft a script and most recently bringing in scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, who penned 'Zombieland' for the studio."

So much for SM 4 and 5 featuring Venom and Carnage now.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, "Sony also has stepped up developing the 'Spider-Man' spinoff 'Venom,' first recruiting writer Jacob Estes to draft a script and most recently bringing in scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, who penned 'Zombieland' for the studio."

So much for SM 4 and 5 featuring Venom and Carnage now.

I don't get the need for a Venom film, I just don't think the character justifies its own film right now in terms of what properties should be a priority, wait until you get Spidey back on track before derailing and doing Venoms own movie.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news for the geek press: our most reliable source for SPIDER-MAN scoops is returning for the fourth installment!

I'm aware that many fans have developed an intense loathing for Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson (one talk backer to Harry's SPIDER-MAN 3 review eloquently opined that she "looks like a foot"), but I think think she's been... reasonably effective in the role. Though Raimi didn't do her any favors by opening the last installment with her tentative warbling of "They Say It's Wonderful" (whatever happened to voice doubles?), I thought the rest of her performance was fine. It's not like she wrote the hopelessly cluttered script or anything.

MTV Movies got Kirsten Dunst to spill the beans regarding her involvement in the fourth movie, but she stopped short of giving away any other details - even though she acknowledges that there are some "rumors" out there. Perhaps she's referring to Nikki Finke's "expect another gal part" remark from earlier this month. Felicia Hardy anyone?

Despite the disappointment of SPIDER-MAN 3, I think the fourth film is in good hands with screenwriter Jamie Vanderbilt. Here's hoping he gets the franchise back on track.

I got it from AICN who got te bits as they are referred to in the post.