XBOX to HDTV

Gene Kiniski

If you're using the cable that comes with the premium pack, and the inputs on the back of your TV are anything like mine, then I sympathise with you. It's a right bollock to set up.

I had picture for ages without sound, but eventually just fucked around with plugging bits into different ports till I had a lovely crystal clear HD multimedia experience.

I'm aware that this isn't going to be much help to you....

I don't say this to sound insulting, but it is an HDTV, right?

Now, which Xbox do you have? Is it HDMI or component? HDMI is the little wire that looks similar to USB on both ends, component is a set of three (I think) wires with red, blue, green. If you have HDMI, it's as simple as plugging one into an HDMI slot in the back of your TV... that is unless your HDTV is a little older and doesn't support HDMI. My first HDTV only had DVI - in that case, you'll need to get an HDMI to DVI cable - one end is HDMI to plug into your Xbox and the other end is DVI to go into your TV.

If it's component, you should have some component ports on the back of your TV that match each of the above-mentioned colors, simply plug those in, then plug in the other two red and white cords for audio and you should be set. If this isn't helping, take a picture of the back of your TV and post it, that would help a lot.