The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrov has been our best midfielder this season so far. Barry is a dickhead, all things considered. Which is why losing him, for the right price, wouldn't really upset me.

18m and we can make them agree terms. 15m if he hands in a transfer request.

Edited by aweSUMmation

Petrov has been our best midfielder this season so far. Barry is a dickhead, all things considered. Which is why losing him, for the right price, wouldn't really upset me.

EIGHTEEN!!? Remember he's getting on in years. Split the diff at 16.5m and you've got a deal.

EDIT:- Wait... let me make him hand in a transfer request. Anyone got his number?

Edited by TheArsenal

EIGHTEEN!!? Remember he's getting on in years. Split the diff at 16.5m and you've got a deal.

I wouldn't mind negotiating with you, TA. You've gone up £1.5m in the space of a minute. :shifty:

EDIT:- Wait... let me make him hand in a transfer request. Anyone got his number?

I'd much rather him go to Le Arse for 15m than Liverpool for 20m.

Just because of how Rafa Beneathus handled himself.

I wouldn't mind negotiating with you, TA. You've gone up £1.5m in the space of a minute. :shifty:

He came down 2m, from 20 to 18, even quicker.

I'd much rather him go to Le Arse for 15m than Liverpool for 20m.

Just because of how Rafa Beneathus handled himself.

Everyone loves Mr Wenger. :wub:

Edited by TheArsenal

Guest Some Daft Punk

Update on Joey Barton from SkySports.com:

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle are in talks to offload Joey Barton to a club who finished in the top 10 in the Premier League last season. Portsmouth are rumoured to be trying to sign the midfielder.

Until recently, I didn't. Not sure why. But comparing him to other top managers, I've started to like him.

Barton to Villa is oddly gaining speed, if this does happen then it means Barry is off, surely.

Because regardless of his "blindness" that comes and goes (but let's face it, if FM has taught us anything, it's to always say you saw nothing) he does operate fantastically in the transfer market. The talent he unearths for virtually no money (eg. Toure for 150k) or the deals he manages to strike (Sol Campbell and Gallas for nothing) is remarkable. That and he always manages to sell players just as their career come sto a decline (eg. Henry - who we bought as a 21 year old, sold a month before his 30th birthday and STILL made over 6 million profit on him). Yes there are the odd exceptions, players who choose to go before we want (eg. Anelka, Flamini) and some transfer that don't work out (eg. Cygan) but he is, for the most part, a genius in the transfer market. There aren't really any players who have left Wenger's Arsenal and gone on to achieve massive success.

That and he makes us play some goddamn sexy football. :wub:

Edited by TheArsenal