The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Cuéllar's move from Rangers to Villa is pretty much confirmed for about £8million.

Not fucking happy obviously. My only condolence is that the only reason the offer was accepted is because it's over a release clause price. Cuéllar's easily our best, if not second best player. Fucking Martin O'Neill trying to ruin things for us again, grumble-grumble, etc.

And sadly, I can actually understand why Carlos wants to leave. He wanted to join a successful club, that would win trophies, so on a so forth. Got the UEFA Cup final, etc and left with pretty much nothing. And now this season we're out of Europe before the season even starts. But I don't expect he'd get a nice reception for any further visits to Ibrox.

Smith better get quick to find a cheap replacement this late in the transfer window. I foresee a bunch of Premiership clubs being asked to loan a defender or two for the season. :(

And for those worried, Cuéllar is not a Boumsong.

Edited by The Kraig

The guy that posted about Cole has been spot on about other transfers to date to be honest. He posts on a Villa forum. This is what he actually said about Cole:

My job involves speaking to people all over the UK, right?

I think my ITK about Shorey - well, it was pretty spot on.

All I know is, from somebody I spoke to about 4 days ago we HAVE made an approach for Cole, thats all I know.

Have we bid? - no idea!

Will we get him? - No idea!

But I speak to this guy pretty often and he won't live it down if he is wrong cos I won't send business his way

And Villa have signed Cuellar. :D

Some Newcastle fans are also hopeful of landing Joe Cole, wouldn't surprise me to get another Chelsea midfielder but Cole looks to be too much quality to leave Chelsea for anyone

Sky Sports are reporting that Warnock has handed in a transfer request which might result in him leaving Blackburn for the Toon,

And apparently Mike Ashley has told investors of a huge signing near the end of the transfer window, considering the Olympics end around then I wouldn't be surprised to see another fringe Argentina player signing.

Looks like Warnock is off to Newcastle. What is happening down there?

Osasuna also get money from the Cuellar deal something like 4m euros.

Spanish TV apparently saying Valencia have accepted a bid from Villa for Joaquin.

Edited by Ringys LAAAAAAAAAAAAD

The club has denied a transfer request has been handed in by Warnock, and he himself said he was happy here, so until the transfer happens I refuse to believe it, but that is just me hoping he doesnt go because we really would be screwed, our team just continues to fall apart. Rumours of Santa Cruz going to City are funny, they ain't got money to pay for catering, let alone our star striker.