The Summer Transfer Thread

..Two full backs?

TWO FULL BACKS?

But we're Aston Villa, damnit. We don't have right backs. :shifty:

Shorey is superb. Bouma deserves his new contract. Better CB than Knight, so he'd be quality often-used cover along the back IF he can't dislodge Shorey.

As for Young #2, I apologise we didn't sign you last year, a year at Boro must have been hell. Welcome to a real footie club.

Now.. to sell Barry.

18m, any takers?

Edited by aweSUMmation

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems the chances are we'll be certainly having a public bid for Louis Saha sometime soon, which I'm fine with.

However when I heard it on Sky Sports it was; "Blah blah Saha. Roy Keane will be looking to strengthen and add depth to his strikers for the new season. Saha's arrival will almost certainly spell the end for Michael Chopra who has been linked with Hull City."

Sorry, but strengthen and add depth to the strikers - by signing one and selling another? Selling possibly the best forward in the Premiership as well, no doubt. Just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Edited by IAceI

Who have 'borough got as RB now?

Read today that Lljungebrg has left West Ham (this has probably come up, apologies if it has), thank the lord imo way too much money was going in his backpocket while he pretty much contributed nothing to the team last season.

Edited by Cabral_

Somehow Newcastle are making the Bassong and Colecini deals at a snails pace

Either they're waiting to announce them at the same time (likely but stupid), or they're waiting for the other clubs to find replacements before the deals are completely sorted (also likely but not as stupid)

Unless they're just using this slow progress as an excuse to bring in another player or two out of nowhere, which would be brilliant... but not likely at all.

Then again Villa got the Shorey deal out of nowhere, if it wasn't reported in the papers today they'd have been able to completely surprise their fans. No-one really expected Shorey to go to Villa when before he'd been linked with West Brom and Pompey

Anyway, the "In The Know" on Villa forums are saying that Villa have had a bid for Joaquin from Valencia accepted, and all that is left is personal terms. They also stated that this is the Spanish star O'Neill and Lerner have been after for months and kept wrapped up.

Reports today are saying Ronaldo could get sued for £17m by Madrid for not agreeing to sign.

I'm completely speechless, I know this is probably one of those random made up shit rumours n' all but it wouldn't surprise me if Madrid actually tried (and failed) at a lawsuit.

Firstly, to sue Ronaldo wouldn't that involve Ronaldo saying he'd join, and to do that Real would have to have secret negotiations which are are forbidden at any stage of his contract (until the last 6 months).

It just reeks of complete stupidity, but then again this is the same club who's pretty much started this campaign through the media, was made big by the media and i'm not sure if Real ever made a bid for him in the end.