The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard some rumours that if a club enters administration then all sell on clauses are rendered void.

Anyone know if this is true? Technically Leeds changed from a plc or something a while back and might not be the same leeds financial group that was accountable for Milners departure.

Too lazy to see if it's been linked in pages 17 or 18 but apparently Hull have laid down a seven million pound bid for Fraizer Campbell.

Hopefully that's enough to lure him back to the club he belongs at.*

*Because honestly subbing on Dean Windass isn't boding well for our future.

Windass is one of those old hands who are great for the squad but won't give a full season at the top. I think Campbell will do a good job there, though I still suspect it's a losing battle despite wanting them to do well.

Spurs signed a Russian at last. Not AA but an out and out striker which was more of a priority.

Too lazy to see if it's been linked in pages 17 or 18 but apparently Hull have laid down a seven million pound bid for Fraizer Campbell.

Rumour that Campbell could be used as part of the deal to get Berbatov to Man Utd (so something like 20m and Campbell, I'm presuming). Wouldn't mind Campbell at Tottenham, could be a good back up off the bench.

Rumour that Campbell could be used as part of the deal to get Berbatov to Man Utd (so something like 20m and Campbell, I'm presuming). Wouldn't mind Campbell at Tottenham, could be a good back up off the bench.

Still leaves us a bit light on should one of Bent or Pav go down with an injury. I'm worried as it is with Bent being first choice and having nothing to fall back on should Berbatov leave.

• Admin
Real Madrid striker Robinho has told a news conference he wants to be allowed to join Chelsea before the transfer window closes.

Robinho had been left out of Real's squad for Sunday's opening Primera Liga game against Deportivo La Coruna as doubts persisted over his future.

The Brazilian is unhappy at Real following reports earlier this summer he would be included as part of a deal for Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo and the failure to discuss a new contract.

Chelsea have made a bid in the region of £28million for Robinho, who stated earlier this month that he wanted to link up with compatriot Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

Real president Ramon Calderon had said he would not want to keep an unhappy player, but coach Bernd Schuster is keen for the forward to stay.

However, at a news conference in Madrid on Sunday, Robinho reiterated his wish to play for Chelsea during the coming season.

"The situation has not changed," said Robinho. "I want to leave Real and play for Chelsea.

"I am only thinking of Chelsea and want to play there.

"Since May I have been trying to renew my contract, but they didn't want to know because they were so sure of signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Now they haven't signed anyone they don't want me to go."

Robinho insists he will not refuse to play for Real, if a deal with Chelsea is not agreed before Monday's transfer deadline.

However, the 24-year-old says Schuster must shoulder the blame, if he does not secure his wish to move to Stamford Bridge.

He added: "Calderon had said that if a good offer came they would let me go. Chelsea have made a great effort and I don't know what more I can do.

"I have told the president, the sports director and the coach I want to go. I won't refuse to play for Real if I stay.

"But if Schuster wants to keep a player who is unhappy it is his responsibility."

Sky Sports.

Would honestly love to see Robinho in the Premier League, despite my hate of Chelsea.

I am sure Berbatov is only interested in money. He says "Playing for United is my dream"...then how come you are talking to Bayern?

Either way, he doesn't want to stay at Spurs. If United and Spurs can't come to an agreement, then any option is better than staying at the club.

Man City complete Zabaleta deal

Manchester City have completed the signing of Argentine international Pablo Zabaleta for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old defender arrives from Espanyol having agreed a five-year deal after City matched the buy-out clause in his contract, believed to be £6.45m.

"We feel the addition of Pablo is another great signing," Man City boss Mark Hughes told the club's site.

"He's young and a winner, but more so he will provide us with great balance in the side."

Zabaleta was a member of the Argentine squad that won gold at the Olympics and has been named in the Argentina squad ahead of their World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Peru.

Zabaleta, who can also play in midfield, signed for Espanyol in 2005 from San Lorenzo.

City have already boosted their squad this week by re-signing Shaun Wright-Phillips from Chelsea.

"I am very happy to come here and play in the Premier League" added Zabaleta.

"Playing in England has been a lifelong dream which has finally come true by moving to City.

"I'm very confident of helping the first team to achieve their goals for the season and after walking around the Stadium I can't wait to play in front of the City fans there. It is very impressive."

Just thought I'd throw in the article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7587476.stm