The Summer Transfer Thread

It is nice to see Liverpool giving money to charity in order to escape FA punishment. Nice of them to finally admit guilt over their un-proper acts in the transfer market. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Levy (according to the bbc):

"I have already made my opinion clear on the nature of this transaction.

"I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of £19m as compensation plus a potential further £1.3m in additional compensation."

An enforced sale huh. Interesting.

Oh well, that's that. Time to find a new hero.

"I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of £19m as compensation plus a potential further £1.3m in additional compensation."

Gareth Bale!

Gareth Bale!

Apparantly in our 5-1 friendly win over Norwich, Gareth Bale running out onto the pitch to play got a louder cheer than any other player or any of the goals scored.

So yeah I reckon Bale or Jamie O'Hara :w00t:

Gareth Bale!

Apparantly in our 5-1 friendly win over Norwich, Gareth Bale running out onto the pitch to play got a louder cheer than any other player or any of the goals scored.

So yeah I reckon Bale or Jamie O'Hara :w00t:

I don't think Jamie O'Hara will ever cement a spot in the first team. He's not really technically gifted, he's more of a worker.

Plus, Bale takes much better set pieces :D

I dunno why the Spurs fans are complaining that much.....if Bent gets a run in the team, he will score goals for you. You'll need someone else, but Modric and Bent playing up the top of the pitch doesn't look too bad at all.

It's not about production, it's about one of the most popular Spurs players in the last 20 years, if not all-time, leaving. Keane was superb for us, everyone loved him and he was our captain when Ledley King was injured, which was basically all the time. I'm sure Bent could step in and do a decent job of scoring goals but he'll never be as popular or as good as Keane was. You can't blame Keane for going due to it being his favourite team and getting a hefty pay rise but it's a massive blow to Spurs fans to lose their most influential player.

Exactly.

What AD says.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a Premiership player who has meant to fans what Keane has the last six year for Spurs fans. The closest I can get is Steve Bull for Wolves......But then Bull would have bled Wolverhampton Wanderers so he repaid them with staying for the long term and becoming a true legend.

I guess maybe if:

Steven Gerrard went to Arsenal.

Gareth Barry went to Liverpool (oh wait...)

Richard Dunne went to Newcastle.

John Terry went to Manchester United.

It doesn't matter if you're being told that another equally good or BETTER player is available in your squad, it's beside the point. They WERE your club....At least you thought so.

Still at least we got 20mil out of this unlike Sol Campbell. I won't be booing Robbie Keane as he steps out in the number 7 shirt of his favourite English team, earning 80 grand a week. I'll be screaming obscenities every time I see Rafa Benitez though.

Looks like we're holding mroe talks with Blackburn about Bentley now though....I like having British players in our squad. It separates us from the gooners.

Also I'm surprised Kaboul is taking so long to agree terms with Sunderland, though i don't want Malbranque to go anywhere...It'd be a mistake for him to go to Sunderland after the season he just had for us.

Ramos doesn't seem to want him, we'll gladly have him. 'Mistake' or not.

And to add to the Keane thing, everytime I find out Kevin Phillips has gone to a different club, I die a little inside. The idea of him pulling on a Birmingham jersey is just.. horrible. He left when we were relegated, yet here we are in the Premiership and he's a good championship player. A former Premiership golden boot winner reduced to playing for Birmingham City, the poor lad.

24 hours for Kaboul and Malbranque to do themselves a favour and agree with Sunderland. I'm impressed by Keane, after David Nugent fucked around with him for 5 weeks last year, he's putting his foot down and saying if they don't sign we have other targets that need taken care of so they can get their act together. Hopefully one of those targets is Taiwo like I've heard.

Apparently Newcastle are very close to wrapping up Coloccini for £7.8m.

I'll have me some of that, if only for the number of wigs we can flog :)

How can you exactly quit a contract though? without paying excessive compensation that he obviously won't have the finances to pay

This is starting to sound a little like the Jonas Guttirez (sp?) deal earlier on where the club is demanding 6m compensation or something from the player, not the club o_O

Edited by The General

Guttierrez bought out his contract with the Webster Ruling and his club contested the amount of compensation they were due because of various clauses in his contract like optional years, bonuses and potential automatic wage increases.

No idea what Coloccini is threatening though, you can only buy your contract out within a short deadline (15 days?) from the end of the season.

I hope Spurs don't sign Bentley. I think he's overrated, overvalued and if he does join us the right side of our midfield becomes too crowded which can only lead to Lennon leaving, which I don't want. And as for other rumours concerning Roman Pavlyuchenko and Diego Milito, I'd rather spend more money on a top class player (if we can lure them to Spurs) rather than less money on two or three, we were never in desperate need to sign several strikers anyway. Unless this is another indication that Berbatov is going as well. :(

Berbatov + Keane = striking gold. They had such a great understanding together so I wouldn't be surprised if Berba pushed off now. He's a bit of a mercenary anyway as much as I love him.

I also love Lennon, I'd like to see him tried in the hole, running at defences and scaring the hell outta defenders with his pace and directional movement.