Madden '09

sahyder1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for 09, I loved 08 but the glitches and crashing really dragged it down. I like the gameplay as is so hopefully they don't change that too much and just concentrate on finishing the game off nicely. Any commentary change is a bonus because the radio commentry got tiresome quite quickly. I have to say I don't like Brett Favre being on the cover. Sure, great QB and is worthy of being a cover star but the guy's just retired. We want an active player on the cover.

I can't wait for 09, I loved 08 but the glitches and crashing really dragged it down. I like the gameplay as is so hopefully they don't change that too much and just concentrate on finishing the game off nicely. Any commentary change is a bonus because the radio commentry got tiresome quite quickly. I have to say I don't like Brett Favre being on the cover. Sure, great QB and is worthy of being a cover star but the guy's just retired. We want an active player on the cover.

Speak for yourself, I look at the cover once upond purchase.

In fact I'd go as far as to say I don't care what player is on the cover, let's start putting cheerleaders on the cover instead.

I think having Favre on the cover is a nice touch. Maybe Madden are just trying to hope the curse will end if the player isn't out on the pitch to get injured....

Yeah just watch Favre drop a ketchup bottle on his foot at home now >_>

Speak for yourself, I look at the cover once upond purchase.

In fact I'd go as far as to say I don't care what player is on the cover, let's start putting cheerleaders on the cover instead.

The EA Sports series of games are the one series that I actually care what or who's on the cover. They make a big deal each year of announcing the cover athlete and it's a nice touch, especially when it's a player who plays the position that EA have concentrated on for that game (ie. Donovan McNabb when they introduced the vision cone, Ray Lewis when they introduced the hit stick). Why put a retired player on the cover when most players are never going to play using Favre at all. He'll just be another one of those unlockable HOFs that nobody uses or cares about.

Fitting that the guy with the most consecutive starts covers the game with the most consecutive rehashes ;)

Seriously though, he deserves it. All those young guys will (hopefully) have years & years to cover Madden games, this is Favre's last shot.

...But Packers fans are that crazy. :shifty:

But nah, I don't see what the big deal is. It's the 20th Anniversary of the game and they're honoring a guy who's never been on the cover before and is arguably the greatest QB to play the game.

Just because he's not in the game shouldn't matter. I mean, do you pick your franchises based on who's on the cover? Probably not. So just because he's not in the game isn't really that big of a deal to me.

And they still treated it like a big deal as Favre was on Letterman last night to introduce it.

But nah, I don't see what the big deal is. It's the 20th Anniversary of the game and they're honoring a guy who's never been on the cover before and is arguably the greatest QB to play the game.

Just because he's not in the game shouldn't matter. I mean, do you pick your franchises based on who's on the cover? Probably not. So just because he's not in the game isn't really that big of a deal to me.

I'm not fully against having Favre on the cover as long as he is actually in the game as one of those unlockable classic players. If he's actually not in the game at all, it's ridiculous. You might as well have LeBron James on the cover. Who cares if he's not in the game, nobody cares about the covers anyway apparently.

I like how you write that as if the guy's never gotten any kudos and his gone his whole career out of the spotlight. If anything, he gets too much credit, free passes on the horrible interceptions he throws when he tries to force things, the whole "Brett being Brett/Brett having fun" stuff, it's sickening, and not just because I'm a Bears fan.

In terms of the game, it's daft because he's not really going to feature other than a bit part as an unlockable HOF-type player. Hopefully.

Hopefully the Madden curse will cause him to get hit by a bus (in Green Bay haha).

But seriously, I think the reason they're using Favre on the cover is that this is the 20th anniversary of Madden, and so they wanted to go with an old guy. Why they didn't use Madden himself, I have no idea.

I guess Madden's most overrated player in it's 20 years fits the cover well. Favre shouldn't have been over 80 for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

I did enjoy 08 though, hopefully they don't rush this and give us buggy crap.

I loved the Madden series for the PS2, but when I made the jump last year to PS3/360, I just couldn't get into the game nearly as much. It just didn't seem as fun from selecting the plays to the actual gameplay, everything just seemed a shore compared to the PS2 version.