Gone Baby Gone

Gene Kiniski

Seen it, thought the exact same thing (except for NCFOM, which I still haven't watched yet for some reason). Casey Affleck needs more acting gigs, he's pretty talented. Ben was very good behind the camera and I hope that he starts going that direction, I think he could be a much better director than an actor.

Yeah I thought it was a fantastic movie. And to be honest, I kinda feel that Ben should've gotten a Best Director nod because I think his direction was near perfect. And Casey proved that his leg has more acting talent than Ben. <_< Though I don't think Ben's terrible either.

To be honest, I'd probably put it right up there with No Country for Old Men, which I thought was great but not nearly as amazing as some people think.

Just finished watching it myself. Was a good movie with a good little 'twist' more towards the end. Id probably rank it higher than No Country, only because I think NCFOM is way overrated and is just a decent film and nothing more than what others make it out to be.

Since everyone has mentioned NCFOM let me just throw this in here. I just finished watching it and....why is everyone jizzing over it? I didn't even really like the damn movie. I'm still lost about the whole ending and pretty much the entire movie.

I've been a fan of Casey's seen seeing Gerry a while back, and was pleased to see him in a bigger and better role here. This was one of those films that languished at the bottom of my netflix queue for a while as I bumped other things ahead of it. Now I am wishing I watched it sooner.

It's a great, great movie, and definitely in the Top 5 (if not Top 3) from last year, which is really saying a lot considering all the good movies that came out last year.

And between this and The Assassination of Jesse James (everybody needs to watch this, seriously), Casey Affleck has proven that he's not only the better actor of the two brothers, but that he will also end up as one of the most talented of his generation. He's just phenomenal, especially when given good material to work with.