Chinese Democracy

Benji

Guns N' Roses finish 'Chinese Democracy' album

Axl Rose has finally delivered the album to his record label

Guns N Roses have reportedly finished work on 'Chinese Democracy', the album that Axl Rose has been working on for the past 14 years.

Therockradio.com reports that Geffen Records, the band's record label, have confirmed they have received a finished copy of the album, and are currently haggling over money and rights issues with Rose.

The album is reported to have cost in excess of $13million (£6.5million) to produce.

As previously reported, it is rumoured that a Guns N' Roses reality TV show is set to be broadcast to coincide with the release of the album.

I think the more interesting fact than CD actually being complete is the idea of a reality TV show with Axl Rose, I'm not one for reality TV but that'll be a fucking riot to watch.

I wouldn't hold your breath. He's probably still got to choose the album artwork.

And record another two tracks for the 'special edition', that's at least another three years work.

I had heard the album was done months ago and Geffen has been trying to decide what to do with it, as there's no way in hell they'll ever make back their money on it.

I had heard the album was done months ago and Geffen has been trying to decide what to do with it, as there's no way in hell they'll ever make back their money on it.

Actually, I'll go one further....

Apparently (I read 2/3 days back...I cannot find where the fuck I read it though :shifty:), a finished version of the album has actually been with Geffen for the best part of 2 years, but Axl and the label cannot agree on a whole host of things which means it hasn't been released...and it's these dissagreements which was the major reason he was approached by someone about a reality show.

Edited by YI

I've "listened" to the entire album..or most of it and I fucking love it.

So you know a guy, who knows a guy who once heard Paradise City then? Or you got those ones that were played on radio a couple years back which was about four songs and nowhere near the full album. If not, provide source or kindly admit you're a liar.

Sincerely,

EWBenji.