2008 MLB Season

sahyder1

And this is why the Pirates suck.

I am furious. I thought Neil Huntingdon and Frank Coonelly were going to turn the team around but this trade fucking blows. They gave away their best fucking player for 4 warm bodies. Fuck this shit.

As much as it pains me to say this, I may have to root for Boston now that they have Bay. Because the Pirates will never stop being totally fucking awful.

Ugh.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is, the owners are finally willing to spend money to compete. But they're so concerned with getting younger that every time they make a good decision like drafting Pedro Alvarez, they make an absolutely terrible one like the Bay trade.

They have a great core of young players and if they can get any kind of solid pitching they'll be good. But the problem is, Jason Bay isn't even 30. He could've been your All-Star left fielder for YEARS. And you let him go for four guys who likely won't put up the numbers Bay will next season combined.

It's just...mind boggling.

The Pirates CAN be good if they can correct former GM Dave Littlefield's absolutely retarded pitching moves. They have the position players but if they keep making these kind of moves they'll destroy the core group they have.

LaRoche is good. Not Jason Bay good, but good.

But... MAN-RAM!

Damn, the Dodgers have Manny Ramirez and Andruw Jones in the same outfield. If only it was 5 years ago.

I don't see the Dodgers much unless the Pirates are playing them, so I just looked up his stats and they didn't seem too impressive, but I hope you're right.

Can he play any other position besides 3rd?

So Torre has Nomar, Manny and Lowe all playing for him now. Who would've thought that. I know the Sox wanted to get rid of Manny.....but to give up Hansen and Moss in the deal too? Sox did well for themselves though landing Bay.

Moss would have gotten David Murphy status in Boston (fifth outfielder... good but no place in Boston). Hansen is so incredibly inconsistent, and probably can do better outside Boston as well.

This is what the Sox had to do to dump Manny. It would have been nice to have sent one of those two (probably Moss) to KC for Mahay or any other team with a reliever. But well, maybe with Manny gone and Bay in the clubhouse will change for the better and a fire gets lit underneath the Sox.

Bay needs to move to the cleanup spot fast. I know the deal had to be made...I really don't have a problem with them paying Manny's contract or throwing Moss in the deal. I have a problem with Hansen being in the deal. I know it makes like easier for the Angels so that is all that matters to me. Speaking of which.....is there any argument that this is the best team in baseball right now?

Bay needs to move to the cleanup spot fast. I know the deal had to be made...I really don't have a problem with them paying Manny's contract or throwing Moss in the deal. I have a problem with Hansen being in the deal. I know it makes like easier for the Angels so that is all that matters to me. Speaking of which.....is there any argument that this is the best team in baseball right now?

Hansen was incredibly inconsistent. He does have a power fastball which hits something like 96. But either he was striking out the side or giving up 2-3 runs in an inning of work. In Boston we can't really afford to wait around until it becomes more of the strike out the side than the 2-3 ER.

LaRoche is good. Not Jason Bay good, but good.

But... MAN-RAM!

Damn, the Dodgers have Manny Ramirez and Andruw Jones in the same outfield. If only it was 5 years ago.

I don't see the Dodgers much unless the Pirates are playing them, so I just looked up his stats and they didn't seem too impressive, but I hope you're right.

Can he play any other position besides 3rd?

LaRoche has tons of talent, he just hasn't put it all together yet. Being on a team that isn't trying to make the playoffs may allow him to relax and start reaching his potential.

Man, I hope the Dodgers pay Manny. This is EXACTLY what this team needed. Already lead the NL (maybe the Majors, I'd have to check) in ERA, but can't hit for shit. Now they have a productive bat in the line-up, along with Blake, if they can keep it, they can make a nice little run here in the next few years.

That Manny trade I think will in the end help both teams. Not sure about the longrun (Manny is 36 and judging by his last few seasons is showing signs of it) for LA, but right now I think they could make a serious run at the NL. They have a great pitching staff, and their offense now has some clutch hitting in the middle.

Karstens perfect through 7 2/3, ends up with a 2-hit shutout of the D-Backs, improving his record to 2-0. Involved in the Nady & Marte to the Yankees deal of...a week or so ago. Good move Yankees, dump that dead weight prospect!

Karstens perfect through 7 2/3, ends up with a 2-hit shutout of the D-Backs, improving his record to 2-0. Involved in the Nady & Marte to the Yankees deal of...a week or so ago. Good move Yankees, dump that dead weight prospect!

25 year old with a 5.12 career ERA....hardly would call him a prospect.