2008 MLB Season

sahyder1

I can't stand JD Drew, never have and probably never will. The fact he's injured again... ugh. God I hate him, we just need to tie him to a truck and don't let it stop until it reaches Pittsburgh or some city with a pathetic ballclub.

Send him to the Yankees!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mets got robbed on that HR call. Perez better not blow it here.

The fan sitting next to the foul poll slapping it and yelling "it hit here", and there was a white mark where the ball hit!

I've never been lucky enough to watch a no-hitter myself, but I have always found the pitching side of the game to be the most interesting part. Lester is a guy I always hear has a ton of potential. I think he will reach that potential. This no-hitter is just a sign of him reaching it.

I know it wasn't aired on Canadian TV, but Aaron Hill's catch tonight is something that has to be seen to be believed. Reminiscent of some of the grabs Robbie used to make. Catch the highlights.

I hate you, Aaron Heilman.

On that note, good god was that the clumsiest game I've ever seen. Pickoff at second on a sac bunt play, strike-em-out-throw-em-out double play involving a pitcher striking out and a catcher caught stealing third...

If you want to see just how difficult the outfield is to play, watch some Mets games from the past week. They keep having to use infielders in the outfield and it's hilarious how awkward and difficult the most routine plays become.

It sucks that the Tigers have been such a catastrophic disappointment this year, yet I still felt compelled to get tickets for tonights game. Even if your team is sort of shitty, it's always fun to get out to a live event. Wow, I'm fucking excited now, baseball, beer, and more beer. Can't wait. (Y)

Boston teams must be cursed or something. Can barely win on the road. Sox win seven in a row at Fenway, then go to Oakland and get swept.

I'm pretty sure a road-losing curse should be the LEAST of your concerns. Let's not get cocky!

On a related note, I might be seeing O's and Sox on Saturday when I go back to Baltimore to visit my parents. Hopefully I can go, I didn't get down to a game at all last year.

Edited by damshow

2 of 3 from the A's to start the road trip. The Jays are now the only team in the East with a .500 record on the road. Now if they could take this momentum into Los Angeles and New York, they could be knocking on Boston's door by the time they return home.

2 of 3 from the A's to start the road trip. The Jays are now the only team in the East with a .500 record on the road. Now if they could take this momentum into Los Angeles and New York, they could be knocking on Boston's door by the time they return home.

The Sox are (for the sake of argument) home this weekend (four game set in Baltimore, place is near or at sell out and 75-80 percent Sox fans). The past few years they have destroyed in Balt.

Then there's a homestand, but led off against the Rays.